Thread: Tasteless dolphin fish ???

Tasteless dolphin fish ???

Cooked a small dollie (68cm) tonight in bread crumbs, and it was moist but quite tasteless. Is this because of its size or should I have cooked it differently.

sent using TapTalk
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Re: Tasteless dolphin fish ???

We cooked some on good friday similar size in the deep fryer with egg wash then crumbed all agreed it was some off the best they had eaten.

We had some with some that I caught a few weeks ago, fish was about the metre lenght.Tasted great, was straight on the BBQ plate, no seasoning.

Dollies are normally very mild flavoured especially the small to medium fish. I like the taste but the smaller ones have a texture that isn't quite as good as a lot of other fish. I don't keep small Dollies for that reason
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Cheers

sent using TapTalk
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

We had dolphin fish last night, a little smaller than yours, crumbed as fish fingers, with Jew and Hussar as well, the dolphin fish was by probably the best of the three.

Regards
    Honda