Thread: Borumba Bass/Toga

Borumba Bass/Toga

Hit borumba up last week with 6 mates and 2 girlfriends, Both boats were on the water at first light fishing through heavy fog, didnt take long every person was on using a combination of divers, spinners, blades and poppers.
    Most successful on the divers and spinners. Managed to each catch 10-15 bass each and 3 of the boys got 70cm+ toga's. The girls struggled but caught a few but all in all we caught and released alot of fish and hopefully they are that active next time we go.
    I dont have photos of other peoples catch but my biggest on my boat was this Bass and this toga.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bass2.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	102691Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bass4.jpg 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	102692Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bass1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	102693Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saratoga.jpg 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	102694Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saratoga1.jpg 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	102696

Blog Entries

Re: Borumba Bass/Toga

Great stuff mate, you really get around

BTW, your 2 girlfriends are very understanding, you are a very lucky man!!!

She wasn't too understanding this time! flicking lures all day soon got the better of her when she wasn't catching many! us boys were on fire but the girls really struggled!

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    Great stuff mate, you really get around

BTW, your 2 girlfriends are very understanding, you are a very lucky man!!!
    Thinking exactly the same thing Luke!

Tony

The Toga's look great. Top effort and thanks for the report. I have not caught one yet and have not really targeted them. Borumba is not that far so will have to give it a go.

Great toga there Crossey93, your lucky you must have been 1 of the 4 boats on the dam at easter the dam had been closed with blue green algae but opened for the long weekend.

its been open for about 2 weeks only to fishing boats, still closed too all other water activities

Thats good ,the ski boat get thick up there.

Yeah can't fish anywhere near the centre of the dam with skiers they are too thick and create too much wake to fish peacefully in.

If you want a toga i'd recommend hitting the sides of the dam that drop straight off to 20m and follow the edges of shade, if the makes sense.

Any other secrete spots around the dam that are productive, and If i may, what Divers and spinners you guys using.

I was up there last week, plenty of bass around the timber in the 1st 200mts of the Yabba Arm. Baby Bass Sliders on 3/8 jigheads were working for us. Some big bass too, up to 49 fork. Also picked up a few smaller 30 to 40cm bass from the edges on spinnerbaits and Jackalls. Only 1 toga about 65cm from the edge on a Jackall.