Thread: Worms for bait

Worms for bait

Wow! They are so expensive.

I have tried the worm farm thing and after about five years or so, I have never been able to produce enough worms for even one trip.

Check this YouTube video out

I just wonder if we, in Qld, have something similar to black walnuts???

There is also a trick using dish-washing liquid. Anybody tried it yet? I just wonder which is the best liquid to actually use. My wife uses Sunlight for the dishes and I will pinch some when she is not looking. I will give it a go tomorrow and see what happens.

I get the impression that some brands work but some don't. At least the worms will be very clean

Worms for bait

You need to mix millrun and Barastoc Top Layer chook pellets (these are the best. Other brands have too much oil on them). Wet it And lay it in strips about 2" wide over your worm farm to fatten up the worms if you want them for fishing. Pro tip!

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Worms for bait

Quote Originally Posted by wrip109 View Post
    Wow! They are so expensive.

I have tried the worm farm thing and after about five years or so, I have never been able to produce enough worms for even one trip.

Check this YouTube video out

I just wonder if we, in Qld, have something similar to black walnuts???

There is also a trick using dish-washing liquid. Anybody tried it yet? I just wonder which is the best liquid to actually use. My wife uses Sunlight for the dishes and I will pinch some when she is not looking. I will give it a go tomorrow and see what happens.

I get the impression that some brands work but some don't. At least the worms will be very clean
    Is the trick when you tip a bucket of soap water on tje lawn and all the worms ride out of the ground? If so yeah used it heaps. Its amazing how many appear