Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bit of a rant!

Re: Bit of a rant!

10am this morning they were sitting in scarborough harbour near the new ramp, maybe less paperwork there

can someone please direct me to the best place to check out "green zones" on the net. thanks

http://www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/parks/mo...user-guide.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by glassey90 View Post
    can someone please direct me to the best place to check out "green zones" on the net. thanks
    It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming. ~John Steinbeck

Ausfish Gold Member ThePinkPanther's Avatar

The cause of all this is of course a total lack of policing by Water Police and Boating and Fisheries!

They have no money allocated to them to do regular patrols in the hotspots where we all know the clowns of the recreational boating world congregate e.g. Jumping Pin, The Power Lines, Compass Adjustment Buoy, Wellington Point, Raby Bay, Horseshoe Bay on Peel Island and on and on and on.....................

The Water Police at Redland Bay spend a high percentage of their time seconded to the Land Police who are in turn short of staff so it is a Catch 22 situation ...........!

The last time I made a complaint to the B & F guys at Cleveland that something should be done about the well known Yellow Raincoats butchering the prawns en masse near the Power Lines, I was promptly advised that NO patrol vessels were regularly situated in the southern part of the Bay nor could they comply with my request that they should be sent down there to inspect the totally illegal quantities these guys net every year!

I'm not all that fussed about being inspected by B & F but I would welcome seeing many more patrols out there on the water doing their job in lieu of sitting at the Raby Bay ramp, nice and comfy in their 4WD and knocking off Dad and Mum and the Kids for having a couple of undersize fish in the esky!