We having spent the last 5 days at cania gorge I can say it is a great place. The redclaw are in the dam and the most we got in one pot was 8. Not that many shrimp in the dam with 6 the most we got out of 4 pots for an over night soak. The Bass loved the shrimp as did the yellow belly. The biggest bass we got was 48cm which my 7 year old got and the yellow was also 48cm which the 10year old got. My 6 year old caught some big eel tail catties on worms. We fished 2 mornings for about 6 eeltail caties 4 bass and 1 yellow. The water in the dam is really clear there also. If you are prepared drive and follow the river and then get out to walk the river bank below the spillway past the no fishing zone you can find some really good water holes that hold big bass yellows and saratoga. A few times we were lucky enough to see the saratogas swimming past us as we were sitting on the water hole bank The kids caught some big bass and yellows in these holes. We stayed in the park furthest from the dam on cania dam road which was one of the best parks I have stayed in for a while. Very friendly clean with caravans and campers allowed camp fires and it was a pet friendly park.