Thread: Blue Lava

Blue Lava

G'day everyone,

This site has been really quiet lately so I thought I'd post this. Still more experimenting with the Urushi technique and colour combo's. This looks far better in the sunlight than my poor photos show. The depth of colour really has to be seen in the "flesh". Also tried something new for me which is EVA "polishing". Denim cloth with acetone to really smooth out the EVA. This was the first time for me but I can see the benefits already.

Regards
    Mark
    Outback Rods
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Blue Lava

Good one Mark, like the acetone tip for the eva,cheers chris.

I did two Rods Mark in the Urushi, nothing like yours, mines too busy, I added too much colour, I will post pics soon.
    got a question for you, if you do EVA inlays, what glue do you use, I use a contact adhesive by Weldwood from the states but I cant get it anymore, any ideas?

Russ

Thanks for the comments guys.
    Russ I use Selleys Quik Grip. It does a great job. Just make sure you do a wet coat and then let it get touch dry before you push the pieces together. Once together they should never come apart.

Thanks Mark,
    I will attempt to take some pics tomorrow.

Russ I should have mentioned before not to use too many colours. I've worked out, for me anyway, no more than 4 colours and aim to have either black or white in there for contrast.

Very nice. I'll have to have a crack at this one day.

I last saw weldwood at bunnings a couple of days ago.
    Mark excellent as usual !!
    Graham

Thanks for the comments everyone. Much appreciated.