Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I thought I would put it here in case nobody from freshwater angling saw it.

I thought I would put it here in case nobody from freshwater angling saw it.

Leslie Harrison Dam at Capalaba to Possibly Open For Fishing
    I just thought I would let everyone know that Campbell Newman is looking into allowing people to fish and use the Water Reservoir at Capalaba for recreational purposes.

This is a fantastic idea and I commend Campbell Newman andhis Government for considering this.

I think as Anglers we need to send e-mails advising Campbell Newman of how important it is for us that this idea is implemented.

It would be fantastic if this went ahead.

Louis

Re: I thought I would put it here in case nobody from freshwater angling saw it.

Re: Leslie Harrison Dam at Capalaba to Possibly Open For Fishing
    Campbell Newman can be contacted by e-mail at:

http://www.thepremier.qld.gov.au/tools/contact.aspx

Louis

Re: I thought I would put it here in case nobody from freshwater angling saw it.

Lois has been going on for over a year.
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...eslie+harrison was about the first post.Mcaddle made some so called promises at the original press conference and had to do a back flip when called out and denied making promise. Only thing was that reporter from redlands times had him on tape.
    Why are you currently making a big thing about old news and as AB said in other thread SEQ water are the people to contact when the review commences not Newman,
    Cheers
    Ray

The review is on now isn't it?

Newman is the head of the Government. What he says goes.

If he gives the go-ahead we will be fishing on the dam.

If he knows many of us anglers support opening up the dam for fishing it will happen.

Louis

Elections coming up ??????????????.

To the best of my knowledge review process for leslie Harrison is not open yet for public consultation current ones are Dwyer and Claredon. It is a seq water review with strict guidelines to preserve the quality and cost of water , Recreational use long way down the list and nothing to do with Premier.
    Cheers
    Ray
    Last edited by rayken1938; 25-03-2014 at 05:10 PM. Reason: karnt spel kanth fish

Thanks for your reply Ray.

I have to disagree with you on one issue however.

"nothing to do with Premier"

Everything to do with legislation and Government decisions has something to do with the Premier.

What he says goes.

He is the Boss.

Louis

Register and have your say - http://www.yourseqwater.com.au/

Thanks Triple.

I have also put this web address in the other section as well.

Many Thanks

Louis

Have to agree with Ray, while the premier may want to give public access to the dam, SEQwater's prime function is the supply of drinking water to the public and as such, the ultimate decider will be the maintenance of the water quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    The review is on now isn't it?

Newman is the head of the Government. What he says goes.

If he gives the go-ahead we will be fishing on the dam.

If he knows many of us anglers support opening up the dam for fishing it will happen.

Louis
    No it hasn't started for Leslie Harrison Dam, the Government is yet to release the discussion paper.

I'm sure it will end up similar Enogerra lake Manchester with paddle craft fishing permitted and in a year or so a permit around $100 a year to fish.

If you were right Louis and it was just up to Newman, we could do away with the whole review process and spend the $3 million on fingerlings.
    ~~~><))))*>

Quote Originally Posted by Gon Fishun View Post
    Elections coming up ??????????????.
    Funny you should mention this, the LNP has just commissioned a market research company to test the water for an election in the 2nd 1/2 of the year. So don't be surprised if you get an automated phone questionnaire on this soon. It be full of how do you rate Newman, Palaszczuk, and the VLAD laws ect ect, but you can bet your life somewhere in there will be the question "which way would you vote if an election were held now".

According to Dom Courtney from SEQ water the review process for leslie Harrison will commence in a couple of weeks. Once again I wish to point out that this is a SEQ water Review NOT a government review.
    Cheers
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    Funny you should mention this, the LNP has just commissioned a market research company to test the water for an election in the 2nd 1/2 of the year. So don't be surprised if you get an automated phone questionnaire on this soon. It be full of how do you rate Newman, Palaszczuk, and the VLAD laws ect ect, but you can bet your life somewhere in there will be the question "which way would you vote if an election were held now".
    Let's just hope the Fishing voters remember how they were treated by the previous Government.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Let's just hope the fishers register on seq and have their say to get Leslie harrison opened up, will be great for local tourism and economy if they do it right... And the environment if they stock it with something that will put a dent in the Tilapia population that gets let out down tingalpa creek everytime they release water from there. And great for me to have it so close to fish in
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.