Thread: New to Forum

New to Forum

Hi All

Am new to the website and have enjoyed everything I have read so far there is a wealth of information within these pages.

I have a 19ft centre console alloy boat and love my fishing. (Although still have lots to learn)

We live up in Noosa and have a few trips planned for the winter months this year.

One up to the Sandy Straits out of Tin Can Bay and the other up to Stanage Bay.

Any tips or tricks about those two areas would be appreciated.

Barley Hops

Re: New to Forum

Welcome to the site BH, enjoy all the free wisdom that is expressed here.

Thanks SnagMaster the reading has been great and have picked up heaps already.
    Barley Hops

Welcome aboard BH
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Hi BH welcome
    How long are you staying up at tin can bay ,some good catches of muddies and flat head up that way . There is a reef that sits down the bottom end of the straits that fishes well at times ,squire, parrot ,grassys and others .
    SEALEGGS

Thanks KT

I was looking at maybe up to a week but haven't finalised anything yet and am still surveying the charts. If the weather was good I wouldn't mind getting out to Marble Island. and Cannibal Group
    Was planning to do some trolling and bottom bashing and definitely drop a few pots somewhere.

BH

BH
    Cant help you much with the Marble island trip but sounds bloody good,
    as for the sandy straits try Bluff reef mid week /Tinnabar shelf on the tide change ,green beacon called big mick for lives little woody island for muddies, deep water rock ledges at fig tree and Stewart island good for cod and jew at times .
    There is some good deep rock walls east From reefs island squire ,jew and jacks and muddies in the creeks on the fraser side .All common places watch the tides champ.
    SEALEGGS

Hi BH,
    You might be interested in joining the Noosa Boat & Fishing Club. A bunch of keen fishos who get together last Wed of every month at the Villa Noosa Hotel.
    If interested, let me know & I'll pm a number to you.

Tony

Thanks very much KT great info to get me started really appreciate it. Won't be able to get up there for about 4 weeks but am really looking forward to it

B in B

Will check them out I'm sure there will be some really experienced fisho's and boaties in amongst that lot with plenty of good advice.

Yeah Marble Island would be great but after having a better look, it may be out of the reach of my boat and my ability, it's a 19ft center console not really built for off shore work. I won't mention the brand it doesn't get fav reviews on this site but it is new.

Barley Hops