Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Prawns at Rudy Maas

Ausfish Platinum Member - R.I.P. October 2015 dayoo's Avatar

Re: Prawns at Rudy Maas

Went out with Popgun19 this morning. There was about 80 boats out at Nudgee today some good quality prawns 18 to 25cm. Back at the ramp by 8.30

Cheers
    Barry

Went out to southern bay today with my mate Burky, saw Stan out there as well as my other mate Bondy, stayed away from the other boats mostly and found them in thick patches, couple of throws of 1/3 of a bucket, easily got our 20 ltrs, medium prawns , with some small and larger varieties thrown in, top day, cheers, roy

Was out in the southern bay, good to see old mate royslaven getting a few. Yeah they were patchy but had a few good ones amongst the mediums, only managed 1 kg one cast, rest about 1/2kg a cast. Managed to get a bucket and called it a day. Few small tigers amongst them. I agree , top day, conditions were good.

A few large cruisers passed by, one would have thought they would have slowed down, but nah, flat out like a lizard drinking.

Cheers, Bondy

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I GOT MY NET BONDY i suppose ill be on comm when i say i have never had one so well made and so good and may i say easy to throw hahaha ill get a bucket full quick now lol
    G.R.HILL.

G'day Glynn,

Good to see you finally got your net. Now's the time to start using that net and get some of those tasty prawns before they disappear out to sea.

Bondy

Off topic but one of my mates said he was at this ramp (rudy Maas) today, got home to unhitch his boat and found someone had drilled the barrel out of his trailer lock. For what ever reason they weren't able to break it and flog his trailer. Keep an eye out hey.

Hey pero I need you to teach me how to throw again I forgot.