Thread: Bait jigs for moreton bay

Bait jigs for moreton bay

Looking to pick up a few bait jigs to use out in the bay mostly over towards Moreton. What brands/size do you guys use and how do you fish them?

Thanks in advance

Re: Bait jigs for moreton bay

I just buy the cheap ones from big w, I can't even remember the name of them but I pay $2.50 per jig. Very simple rig, just a set of small hooks and abit of shiny foil stuff with a heavy enough sinker to get it to bottom. Drop it down around one of beacons and give the rip tip a few lifts and the livies normally come pretty easily

Thanks mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan, surecatch/wilson bait jigs in 6 or 8.

I brought 30 jigs from solas for $30 delivered. $2.50 for a bait jig is over priced.

Quote Originally Posted by timddo View Post
    I brought 30 jigs from solas for $30 delivered. $2.50 for a bait jig is over priced.
    Do you have a link for that mate?

I got them at $1 each too from escapintackle I think, bought 12 of them but lately i've been tying up a small paternoster with better hooks as you lose hooks quickly and the line is only a couple kgs, so if anything decent gets on there you lose it. Better to run 15lb or something on a light barra rod or something with a few hooks tied on droppers, if you get a legal fish you'll still land it possibly depending on the hooks.