Thread: Dumaresq Cod

Dumaresq Cod

Hello all,
    It's been a long time since I posted in the Freshwater section - should be doing more of it I think.
    Anyway - had the chance to spend a few days camped with some good mates out on the Dumaresq River near Bonshaw.
    We were on private property and there for other reasons than fishing but knew it was too good an opportunity to pass up so we had packed the canoe, kayak and rods.
    We were pretty busy but did manage three smallish sessions which resulted in fishing the two closest holes - one upstream and one downstream.
    My biggest Cod before the trip was about 25cm on bait at Glenlyon Dam despite quite a few trips trying. I failed to add to that after the first session but did see my canoe partner land a 40cm then 68cm much to my chagrin. I did manage a yella and our photographer in the kayak a donut.
    Second session I landed a 48cm and a 44cm and I was over the moon - despite not being legal - that will come next time. My canoe partner was surprised with a 23cm specimen and our photographer unfortunately another donut.
    We had a great time and it was a great place. It was rather hot and we spent a few hours sitting in the river enjoying a cold beer whenever we had a bit of downtime.
    Brett
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8679.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	102320   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8678.jpg 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	102319   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8651.jpg 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	102318   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8649.jpg 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	102317   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8527.jpg 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	102316  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8522.jpg 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	102315   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8489.jpg 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	102314  

Re: Dumaresq Cod

Well done mate. Some nice green fellas there.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Great fish mate! Love that area!
    The real question is though, how did you fare in your other activities? There hasn't been a cold snap to push the fallow into rut as yet and none of that area has shown me much promise so far.

Some fantastic photos. Well done and thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by mattooty View Post
    Great fish mate! Love that area!
    The real question is though, how did you fare in your other activities? There hasn't been a cold snap to push the fallow into rut as yet and none of that area has shown me much promise so far.
    Yeah we did quite well. That area doesn't produce good racks in my opinion. There was no roar at Texas but on a property at Ballendyne we visit there was a stag roaring. We took one of his does. Seven was the final number including my first chital.

Brett