Thread: Hey All - quick intro from old drag hound

Hey All - quick intro from old drag hound

Pleased to meet all fellow fishing bandits - Come from Melb, but lived in Qld for 5 years. It was truly great to experience reef fishing as I think I had been drooling for over 40 years reading fishing mags that showed off the reef fish - man those reefies have got some grunt, forget snapper they are totally pussies in comparison. (Have some great marks for Gladstone) After owning 10 boats (man do I have a great understanding wife), from small tinnie support to big plates I decided to purchase my last boat to see me out taking into account my age, worn out body, fishing locations, trailering and launch and retrieve.

Decided on an Origin 4x4 4600 tiller, 70hp Yammie with a custom alum trailer with locking mech fitted.
    Knocked another year off my life waiting for completion, finally it arrived 'happy happy joy joy' - in reality boat hull work spot on, fit out second rate - currently rectifying and customising to meet my needs. (shall send some pics soon)
    Interesting note, the 4600 came with welded stern external boarding steps, I request the full bow spit to be fitted as an extra (As fitted to the Axis series) on registration in Vic, they measured the overall boat length, and woooo it came to 5.2 mt's - happy days now fully registered at that length.

Fishing in Vic for over 50 years, my target areas will be again Hastings (whiting, gummies, flathead, snapper and squid), Gippsland region being Port Albert, Port Whelshpool, Mallacoota, Bemm, Tamboon.

Shall keep in contact re boat progress with some pics, anybody need help customising a plate boat please contact, and any new bods in Gladstone who need some good marks please contact as the locals are not normally very obliging in sharing such info.

Cheers Old Draghound

Blog Entries

Re: Hey All - quick intro from old drag hound

Welcome aboard mate. Look fwd to the pics and some reports of big snapper :-P

Re: Hey All - quick intro from old drag hound

Hi Funchy,

Thanks for your support mate, the boat is a lot of work to get right, bit flicked off after forking out 40 big ones, then having to modify to get right.
    Bit sad the guys at Origin are good guys, but currently under the pump, too many orders and not enough quality trades to complete - lucky I have many years customising aluminium boats, however the old body finds it hard now bending at a 90 degrees angle with my legs under my arm pits trying to fit out the boat.
    Where are you based mate?
    Must go brother footy started ie AFL, don't worry I love the rugby league, not a real supporter of Union though.

Thanks again mate, keep in contact - if I can help in anyway do not hesitate to contact for a bull sheet.

Shall send some pics soon

Regards

The Draghound

ps Love the lab, a couple of years ago I saw the most classic pic ever, in the back of a red holden ute parked at a shopping centre in Traralgon Vic, were 3 labs, believe it or not 1x black, 1x chocolate and 1 x godly, man I have never scene this before, and yes you gotta believe it no phone.
    Do you hunt with the boy, or trial him? My bandit mate has just won the Australian champion dog , for retrieving - black flat coated retriever.