Thread: Garden worms

Garden worms

Hi all
    sick of buying worms when fishing the dams how fast do worms grow in those worm farm things
    cheers snap

Re: Garden worms

Worms are a good bait but Live shrimp are the go I believe. Buy yourself some traps and sunlight soap. I try to put them in the night before fishing if possible.

Be careful taking live bait from one water source to another, that water can contain bateria and spores to infect the new water supply.
    SEQWater stipulates that external bait sources is highly discouraged. I imagine that most toher water groups will be the same.

Have a look at what Didymo did to NZ.....
    Jack.

My "worm farm" had lots of worms but VERY small ones. They were so small that the hook I use is wider than the actual worm so they split when I tried to put them on the hook. Even six worms was no good.

Must be a different type to the ones that I have to take out a loan to buy from BCF. At least the BCF worms are nice and fat and I get away with half a worm to a fish.

Not counting the barred grunter who love them too.

Aren't euro night crawlers the ones to use in compost bins for bait? Supposed to be a bit more hardy and get quite large within 2 months. You can buy them bulk online fairly cheap.
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

A few posts on garden worms already here -
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sea...archid=1557771
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

URL is out of date...