Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fun and Games at Coffs boat ramp!

Fun and Games at Coffs boat ramp!

We've been trying to get this fixed as long as I remember but still no action. I can't understand how a tourist destination like Coffs only has one offshore ramp which is a danger to vessels and people.

Even the ramps at the creeks are terrible consisting of high tide only launching at most ramps.

Anyway a few guys had some fun this weekend past.

Re: Fun and Games at Coffs boat ramp!

So, where is the ramp? I don't know the area all that well, but I think I remember a ramp that was not up in the rocks!

Mate, what a shocker!! Noosa bar is looking really good all of a sudden.

Is that a narrow inlet into a creek/river?? with a ramp.

Tony

It might be hard to see but they turn right and a single wharf and ramp are near by. The first video was taken from the point on the right. This is where the inlet is

2 years ago during the Dave Irvine snapper comp
    s

More news article from a few weeks ago
    http://www.coffscoastadvocate.com.au...-jett/2200008/

The blue Surtees looked very close to becoming tradgedy.
    Such a small area to dredge, surely wouldnt cost that much, would it?
    I remember seeing a fish auction at the club years back, money raised going to the marine rescue group. Quite a successful event from memory. Maybe something similar to raise funds to fix this?

How did those blokes in the water avoid getting struck by the prop? I understand they are trying to help but no boat is worth the damage the prop would have done to their groin/abdomen.
    Just sayin......

Quote Originally Posted by Still_Dreamin View Post
    How did those blokes in the water avoid getting struck by the prop? I understand they are trying to help but no boat is worth the damage the prop would have done to their groin/abdomen.
    Just sayin......
    nothing will be done until someone gets hurt.

there is a excavator perminantly situated at the ramp to dredge the sand amongst othe things.
    http://www.coffscoastadvocate.com.au...tails/2198787/

The spot where the excavator arm almost hits the ester is where they were getting stranded.
    http://www.coffscoastadvocate.com.au...rance/2155171/

There is a ramp in the harbour though isn't there?

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    There is a ramp in the harbour though isn't there?
    that is the ramp in the harbour!

something should be done to make it easier for the rare user with a clue but from the clips I mostly saw guys who should take up lawn bowls and stay away from the water for all our sakes
    imagine if there was any sea running it would be carnage

cheers
    IFISHCQ2

How do the big boats get into the harbour? Moored boats I mean!

Exclamation Re: Fun and Games at Coffs boat ramp!

image.jpg
    Dropped pin is where the boat ramp is and the marina is located at the top of the picture.

getting to the marina is easy but because of the waves breaking, surge and silt build up the boat ramp is un usable/unsafe at different times.

That is absolutly ridiculous. If ever there was an accident going to happen it will by the stupidity of some people.

With the size of the boats pictured, lives and money at risk who can justify this behaviour.

I know, I know, got caught out, weather turned nasty, every excuse under the sun, but total disregard to safety just to use an obviously unsafe ramp is beyond belief.

Where the car and trailer are parked has no bearing on the issue, go to some where safer than that, tie up for the night, wait till tomorrow in the marina.

Have fun Haji-Baba

It was a fishing club comp day and the boats were returning for weigh in and got caught out by the sand on low tide. After this VMR put out a radio msg and everyone moored up at the marina until high tide to retrieve there boats.

i came back on dark a few weeks ago and had no idea of the tide and had waves breaking behind me. It was pretty scary.
    Three other boats came in around the same time and all were saying it was pretty hairy 'running the gauntlet'