Thread: Pine river

Pine river

I was thinking about giving the pine a fish in the tinny on the weekend but I've never been so looking for some info. Is it better fished at high or low? I mainly fish SPs and would like to try my hand at some prawns (1st time). I'd love to have a go tomorrow but I don't think the weather will be any good. Thanks for any input

Re: Pine river

watch out for the rain! caught me this morning out of no where and it came down like hail!

If you are heading upstream, take the cast net for prawns or try and fish away from the 30+ boats throwing nets.
    If the weather is ok try fishing last of run-in or start of run-out at the redcliffe bridges around the rocks clontarf end with your sp's. should see you pick up a flatty or 3.
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Or 7!? Thanks for the info. Just the info I was looking for!

Quote Originally Posted by kingcray View Post
    If you are heading upstream, take the cast net for prawns or try and fish away from the 30+ boats throwing nets.
    If the weather is ok try fishing last of run-in or start of run-out at the redcliffe bridges around the rocks clontarf end with your sp's. should see you pick up a flatty or 3.
    When u say redcliffe bridge clontarf end do u mean the entry to Hayes inlet? I've seen that mentioned a few time around here.

Ive be only ever fished cabbage tree once, peel island once and pumice stone passage about 10 times so I'm very keen to expand my options (and get my new tinny wet!)