Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing injury

Fishing injury

This is what happens when you haven't knocked a Spanish on the head enough times and try to get your lure out ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Fishing injury

Ouch! Looks like he caught you?

Ouch! Must remember to give them one more whack for good luck! Is it out of your hand yet? Jackamundi

Haha, will definitely give them another hit in the future. Had the hook removed yesterday

Hope you have had a tetanus shot?

While your at it get whooping cough shot at the same time as its a combined shot and the WC wears off after 5 or 10 years.

Cheers
    Chimo

Did you give a test strip to the ants to see if you could eat the fish?
    What could go wrong.......................

Yea Chimo - I got the tetanus/whooping cough combo

damn sissy QLD fisho's a New South Welshman would have left it in and let it rust away, or cut it out with the bait knife!!!

Nah, second thoughts.... OUCH!

I did the same thing at Moreton Island last year. ended up driving back from the island with the hook firmly lodged in the finger with the point under the finger nail. The young fella almost passed out when he saw it so was of no assistance driving the boat or car. Its not a great feeling having a hook hanging out of you like that. Looks painfull.

Get some longer pliers haha. My hands dont go near their mouth after I saw my mate slip and slice his fingers to the bone on their teeth. Best macky lure out you got there though

Man thats ugly shows how easy accidents happen . get back out there and flog the next one just in case.

I would never put my hand near a crazy fish either bull shark
    well not next time anyway
    1hook.jpg

geez Louise makes you cringe at the risks we take fishing. But nothing ventured nothing gained.

hmmm.... reminds me of fishing for marlin with Mates Rates last year with an inch laceration down his hand from a 10/0 and a ripping a green marlin in the boat.
    i also got a ganged 5/0 through the achilles from a solid king on another occasion. think i strangled it to death trying to stop it from flapping around and ripping it out.

OUCH!

I wish I had taken some pics 2 weeks ago. Out fishing with a mate, he landed a Mahi Mahi, removed the hook, cut its throat with the recently sharpened bait knife and dropped the fish in the bleed out box. Stood up and turned around to re-bait his hook and kicked the knife he'd left on the floor, against the side of the boat, driving the point about an inch into his heel. Breaking out the first aid kit, he washed the wound with a saline wash, put an absorbent pad on his heel and wrapped a pressure bandage around his foot, followed by some grey duct tape he had in his bag. Then stood up and fished on for another 2 hours. He ended up with 4 stitches in his heel.