Thread: Minn Kota bow mount to transom

Minn Kota bow mount to transom

Hey guys have a 5.6m half cab plate boat and was wondering if anyone has mounted a bow mount I pilot min Kota to the transom rather then the bow.

Was wondering if you guys think this would work or if someone has actually done this and can tell us if it does work.

The min Kota we have been looking at is the 80lb I pilot.

The main reason I was wondering if this would work would be to use it for spot lock. Not in huge blowing winds mainly on the good days.

Can't mount it to the front as it would be to high.

Thanks in advance
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

Re: Minn Kota bow mount to transom

mounted a few on rear corners for customers with smaller stacers or brookers or quinnies etc. when retracted it lays a long the gunnel. not all too bad there.
    your BC should have relativity wide sides so mounting space wouldnt be too much of an issue

the only issue would be pushing and holding the boat. its kinda a bit off cue. so it might struggle to keep you in spotlock compared to the bow. but hey! you only live ones
    a 60" 80lbs ipilot isnt cheap hope you find a way to make it work!

Thanks for the reply, I rang Bar Crusher today to see if they have been doing these to the Cuddy Cabins and apparently they have! sent through a few photos of them on the half cabins so its full steam ahead now, just got to get the bow rails modified and the plate welded up the front!!

A bow mount on the transom will not push you forward, it will turn the boat around and pull you backwards. That means it will be pulling the blunt end first which won't be very efficient.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Yeah after ringing bar crusher they are doing them on the bow so that's what i'm going to do! thanks

Mate I have a 5.7m fisher dual series with a 175hp suzy on it and my 80lb mincota bow mount pushes it along alright. You can spin it around rather easily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey Guys

Just posting this up in case anyone was following got the front all fabbed up now just got to go home and wire it all up for the wkend!!
    Hopefully it works well!!