Thread: Gold Coast Report - Saturday

Gold Coast Report - Saturday

We went through the Seaway at around 4am and slowly headed south.

Checked 12 Fathom mark but not much happening so kept going down to Mermaid. By this time the sun was on its way up. We pulled a few small squire up on light gear(a couple was probably over but not worth measuring) and they all went back into the drink.

We waited for a mate to meet up and approximately 7am they arrived, so we lifted the anchor and started on the troll.

We zig-zagged our way out to Burleigh Reef and got a small touch as we went over it but nothing hooked.

Kept heading south to Palm Beach and tried trolling another hour or so for no luck.

There was no current so we ganged a few whole pillies and burleighed up and managed to raise a couple of Spotties.

Weather was absolutely perfect. Back at the ramp by 11.30.

Didn't get a chance to clean the boat until Sunday when the dog decided he'd get up close and personal with one of the skirts on the rod leaning against the boat. A bit of a wrestle and a trip to the vet meant he was back to his normal self after a few hours.

20140315_101844.jpg20140315_103544.jpg20140316_120921.jpg20140316_120924.jpg

Re: Gold Coast Report - Saturday

Mate, I hope the dog is OK. Beautiful looking mutt. Is the hook through the top lip??
    Gotta hurt!!

Tony

I second Tony's words - beautiful dog. Hope he's all good.

Cuzza

Yes, 'Pongo' is perfectly fine.

Hook went straight through the top lip. Barb was still in the flesh. I tried cutting the hook and was going to just thread it through, but my pliers wouldn't cut through.

Vet was only up the road, so wasn't a big deal. He's a tough fella and it didn't take long for him to be gallivanting around the property again..

Here he is with his mother and 2 sisters.

20130814_144611.jpg

Mate, they are beautiful!! If that happened to Munch, you'd hear the big fella cry like a girl all the way to the Gold Coast.

Just picked him up from the vet. 2 weeks ago, had a cruciate ligament done & some bone restructuring work done on his knee. About 3.5K later, dumb ass decides to sneak out of the house (he's been under lock & key so he can't escape) & climb down to the bottom of our empty dam. Has a paddle & then has to drag himself out.

Tore the internal stiches apart & ended up with a huge fluid filled sack around his knee.
    Vet just drained it & increased his sedatives!!

Tony

What is the bag limit on those brown labs ? The weather looked awsome, pity I was working.

Dogs are no good for bait are they ?

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Mate, they are beautiful!! If that happened to Munch, you'd hear the big fella cry like a girl all the way to the Gold Coast.

Just picked him up from the vet. 2 weeks ago, had a cruciate ligament done & some bone restructuring work done on his knee. About 3.5K later, dumb ass decides to sneak out of the house (he's been under lock & key so he can't escape) & climb down to the bottom of our empty dam. Has a paddle & then has to drag himself out.

Tore the internal stiches apart & ended up with a huge fluid filled sack around his knee.
    Vet just drained it & increased his sedatives!!

Tony

Poor Dog.

I hope his recovery is quick and pain free. He'll love the new Knee in a couple of months.

I also had my ACL done, 5 weeks ago, so I know how he feels. Fortunately fo me I have private health and was only out of Pocket $900, not $3,500. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Zippidy View Post
    Poor Dog.

I hope his recovery is quick and pain free. He'll love the new Knee in a couple of months.

I also had my ACL done, 5 weeks ago, so I know how he feels. Fortunately fo me I have private health and was only out of Pocket $900, not $3,500. :-)
    Not poor dog, more like stupid dog!! Can't help but love him though.

Worst part he has got 3-4 months to recoup before they do his other knee, & another 3.5K

Tony