Thread: 9m deep hole in bells creek

9m deep hole in bells creek

Hey guys,

been fishing alot in the passage lately and up bells creek. been getting a few but not really anything to brag about, just alot of silly eels!
    but anyway ive been told about this 9m deep hole up bells somewhere however everyone who tells me about this has just been told by someone and found no way of actually finding this holes location. i spent just over an hour with a friend of mine at sounder speed looking and looking for this hole figured i wouldn't be able to miss due to the creek averaging around 2m deep with 2 holes i found that were 3.6m - 4m deep. however did not manage to find this 9m hole.

is this hole real? if anyone could verify or say they actually do know it exists so i can either keep looking or just give up.
    people told me they pull jew, jack, large bream and the odd threadfin salmon. i know you get threadfin salmon in the passage due my mates catching them but never up bells.

is it a rumor or actually a spot? if anyone could shed some light on the matter it would be very helpful!

Also taking my old man out in his boat to try and chase some jewys on Saturday if anyone has any good areas where they like to sit let me know?

crossy

Blog Entries

Re: 9m deep hole in bells creek

Hi mate

Last year I paddled my yak way up into Bells. I found a hole about 7 metres deep on a sharp U bend that had been cut into the bank. The bank was light coloured dirt/rock. Full of snags and looked very fishy. I marked fish on the DSI but didnt catch anything. I amagine you could get up there in a tinny at high tide but you may struggle at low tide because it gets very shallow prior to the hole.

Havent see one 9 metres deep up there and i have spent alot of time up there.

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you fish the Logan River, i will tell you a top spot for a nice Jewy or the Jumpipin,
    Hilly.

Sorry can't help at all with the location but 3.6m - 4m deep sounds about right for a fishermans estimated 9m

Maybe they sounded it on a king tide... during the floods with a big sea surge from a cyclone Or they have feet confused with metres.
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

thanks for all the replys guys! i must keep looking for that 7m hole that sounds very interesting espicially if lots of snags! gotta be some hiding critas up there!

Not in Bells Creek no.......Coochin has one at that depth.......or did prior to the last floods......havent been there since.
    None of the other creeks feeding the passage atm reach 9m.
    Jack.