Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: These ebay ones any good?

Re: These ebay ones any good?

IMG_0545.jpgbream.jpg

I bought one from E-bay in September 2013 and collected it from the Gold Coast.

I bought it for stability rather than speed. I have pulled in a few bass over 50 cms from it.

Mainly fished Colleges Crossing and Billies Bay for bass. I sold my 14 foot boat to buy the kayak and I try to get on the water three times a week.

Just yesterday i caught a bass and a yellow-belly over 40 cms. Just about to go out again.

The seat is great and I love the paddle. I don't like the windy days but that is because it is hard to fish and paddle which is not the yak's fault.

I carry mine on top of my little Corolla and it drives like it was not there.

Would not have been able to use my boat on Wivenhoe because of the two stroke engine, even though it was almost new. My kayak uses clean power (me)

I picked up one of Dream Kayaks in red camo late last year.
    Only got out in it a couple of weeks ago.
    For what I paid and the speel the guy gave me in the ebay ad and on the phone, I thought, yeah, should be OK.
    I went to Wivenhoe with 2 mates for a paddle one afternoon last month.
    Best $450 I have spent in a while. Mine came with 4 rod holders, 2 oversized storage holds, one rocket launcher rod holder, paddle and better seat like those pictured.
    It is actually very well set up for fishing. The rods when trolling while paddling were out of the way. It was dead easy to paddle an comfy to sit in and cast as well.
    Can't recommend that size of 'Yak enough. (no, I don't work for them) LOL.
    Didn't get any fish but had a great arvo on the water.

http://www.dreamkayaks.com.au/default.asp

Mine is the same as yours but a different colour. It was a bit cheaper too (Maybe because I went for a drive and collected it)

Caught another 40 cm bass today so if nothing else the kayak catches fish

Try this:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/STEALTH-K...item1c396effae

I think $339.00 all up from Browns Plains.

http://www.kayaks2fish.com. check this site out. Saw the ad during ifish

Bought a dream kayak 12 mths ago.. landed a giant herring after 40min fight on first weekend.. awesome for any creek canal fishing.. bit slow and small for open water but wood be ok in close on glassed out day.. for the money u cant beat it... would love a hobie but for the money id prefer a small tinnie to take the young blokes out...

A bit hard to see on the photos but it already has some fittings so that you can easily install a leccy motor. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fishing-K...eb30c07&_uhb=1

I originally put a 54 lb motor on, as in the photo, but now I have a 30 lb thrust and it is a lot better.

I have seen some wonderful designs that do the same thing, but isn't it nice when they design the yak to take the motor in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Triple View Post
    Good for the price that is..
    Anyone have one of these style ebay ones? Any major issues? Will only be used on the odd occasion in creeks and canals if the winds are too much for boating in the bay so I can still get away from the missus and kids for a few hours without trekking through the mud or crowds landbased...
    Cheapest I can find -
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fishing-K...eb30c07&_uhb=1
    Just bought one. 349 and 65 freight to hervey bay. Goin for a run tomorrow. Looks the goods

Same as mine I don't think you will be disappointed...

I had a quick look at the tackle shop near me, they have a bunch of yaks out the front for sale. They look exactly the same as the ebay ones for almost double the price, without the adjustable rod holder. Everything else down to the seat looks the same. I think it even had 'Dream' on the side.

They are imported from os most likely China, there's a few different ebay sellers selling the exact same kayak and the prices vary considerably, I bought one myself but found a kayak store in Dover drive Burleigh selling them, $380 very well spent.
    Absolutley love the stealth of a yak silently drifting around, been chasing and doing very well in the bass in some local creeks. Can get into some very skinny water, if you can't tell I'm a big fan.
    .......Ash

If you want a good quality Yak at a cheap price with great support see the Brisbane River Boys at Dragon Kayaks at Riverhills. I have no affiation. My mates and i have purchased 7 yaks all the 2.8m off them and couldnt be happier. I checked out some 60-80 skins cheaper but they were made with recycled plastic and lower grade stainless and were about 3cm narrower...wasnt worth the saving in my view.

Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Mine is the blue one...12 pound leccy with 35ah AGM.

Battery just gets ratchet strapped through under handles to stsinless d rings. The alloy bar is the engine mount. Because the battery is wedged up using the angle alloy and seat bulkhead once strapped down i can turn the yak over and battery stays put. Cheers

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Triple View Post
    Good for the price that is..
    Anyone have one of these style ebay ones? Any major issues? Will only be used on the odd occasion in creeks and canals if the winds are too much for boating in the bay so I can still get away from the missus and kids for a few hours without trekking through the mud or crowds landbased...
    Cheapest I can find -
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fishing-K...eb30c07&_uhb=1
    For the money it is hard to go past these for a bit of fun and a splash about. Freak Kayaks is another mob in this range who I hear people are happy with their purchases. Bloke at work got a pair of those cheap dragons a while back, apart from not being able to get his electric motor setup on it to his satisfaction (just to small I suspect) he has a ball with it when he goes camping with his kids.

I looked at the Freak Sports ones. Guys there are helpful but their yak was slightly shorter and a little more dosh from memory. If you look on YouTube the dragon boys have both sizes on there with leccy motors on, and one clip has twin leccies on the bigger yak which looks like a hoot. I was tossing up whether to get the big Sea Hunter but very glad I didn't...I mainly use mine for Rivers and the little one allows me to get in close to snags and to retrieve lures etc...plus dead easy to get on and off the truck or trailer. Dragon also sell and even cheaper one $350 or so...but they don't recommend them and the difference between those and the $420 jobbie is obvious when they are side by side.

Cheers

Cheers

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk