Thread: Kingies Live bait rigs

Kingies Live bait rigs

Just wondering if anyones got pics on how they rig there sinkers up for live baiting for kings.

Thanks Mark.

EG main line sinker then leader. but sinker has clips on it..

Re: Kingies Live bait rigs

not sure how they fish for them where you live, but I have caught thousands of kingfish of all sizes and our setup is about as simple as it gets, assuming you are anchored and live baiting? then a simple running sinker (big enough to keep you bait down) running onto a decent swivel and about 1m of around 24KG line and your done. If drifting, then the bait needs to be hooked through the nose rather than through the back.

yep its simple, ive caught tons of them also. My standard rig was 24kg mainline into a double, then a running sinker down to a lumo bead before the swivel (so the sinker doesn't bang on the knot) i used to use 100lb leader, pink Ande was my choice. And as Noel says pin them through the nose if drifting otherwise through the back
    Also.. hang on tight they fight like hell and will always make another lunge when they see the boat.

Single paternoster, big 12oz or 16oz sinker, big hook and a livey pinned just in front of the dorsal fin and away you go! Cobes I prefer a 10ball on a snelled/snooded rig.