Thread: Northen End of Pumicestone Passage

Northen End of Pumicestone Passage

Hey guys, I'm new to ausfish but am a keen fisherman, been going 3-5 times per week waiting for the bream to start biting hoping they will start the season early but as of yet am only getting small bream but larger ones up bells creek so far 28cm has been the biggest but its not even cold yet.
    Also been getting Alot of Shovel nose sharks ranging from 1m-1.5m which are pretty fun but i'm wondering if anyone knows how to avoid catching pike eels as they keep stealing my liveys and not giving the jack or jews a chance to get at them.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips not necessarily spots but tips as in bait or times?
    i tend to fish the afternoon sundown and stay through the night untill the tide changes so im fishing usually low and high.
    Yabbys don't seem to work very well at night so far but mullet fillets and woolies prawns have been the best which is very odd
    If anyone is having this same eel problem let me know if you have any areas roughly where they arn't or different baits or is it just because i fish at night?

Would show pictures of catches but can't manage to upload any

Crossy

Re: Northen End of Pumicestone Passage

Eels are part of the landscape there........catch more live baits.

Try using live prawns rather than fish.......eels tend to take fish more then prawns.

Flick placcies for jew and jacks......they are keen on placcies.

Jacks and jew are pelagic at night, try swiming your livies unweighted to avoid the eels at the bottom.
    Jack.

cheers mate will try that next time, believe it or not went out last night and didn't catch one eel and managed to get a small jack and small jew but other then that really slow and quiet

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    Eels are part of the landscape there........catch more live baits.

Try using live prawns rather than fish.......eels tend to take fish more then prawns.

Flick placcies for jew and jacks......they are keen on placcies.

Jacks and jew are pelagic at night, try swiming your livies unweighted to avoid the eels at the bottom.

Little mangrove jack tagged last night on a 2500 stradic FG

Attachment 101447

Eels seem to hit almost straight after last light.... annoying mo fos...
    There are only two moments in time.... There's now, and there's too late.

Blog Entries

Keep ya eels and hook em up to snag a bully mate..... Lots of fun and one of the best bully baits about....

Alternatively grab some soft plastics and smash some flattys along the weed beds. Heaps about ATM