Thread: Fishing at Bermagui (with family)

Red face Fishing at Bermagui (with family)

I am going on a family holiday in mid April 2014 to Bermagui. I would like to know if there is a good land based spot to do a bit of fishing where i can take my kids along (kids friendly fishing spot if there is such a place). Nothing serious... I am happy to catch something with my kids and enjoy the day. Also some information on where to buy good fresh bait will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Fishing at Bermagui (with family)

There is a pretty good tackle shop in town, and plenty of shore based family fishing too, take a trip up to Narooma and have a fish off the jetties around that area too, use fresh Nippers or Worms for bait, plenty of beach fishing on any of the beaches for safe family fun.

the river is as good as any - just north at Walaga lake is a good flattie spot & for a little run .... head south along the coast and fish the Tathra wharf - awesome spot ....... if the kids can be trusted ( google it )

It is a great part of the world

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Gday ....another vote for Tathra wharf....its been 20 years or so but i am tipping it hasnt changed much.Definitely worth a look for a morning fish then lunch at the pub. Pretty sure there was a game chair (or a chair set up as one) bolted to the wharf at one stage. Bermi and surrounds great for all saltwater fishing options.

Im from the eden area originally. All around the edges of wallaga lake good for flatty on plastics tailor on metals. Use bait or tiny plastivs in the boat marina. Heaps of bream and silver trevas. If you go for a snorkel heaps of mud oysters and mussells on pylons in harbour and on the bridge. Tathra is just down the road. The wharf is great heaps of salmon and bonito caught at times. Big sharks abd the odd king. Go see scotty at the tackle shop in bermy. He knows his stuff and stocks the good gear. Plenty of beaches around too all worth a look. Have fun in that gorgeous part of the world

Thank you all for the helpful tips and locations. I might go to Tathra instead, especially if there is a wharf for easy fishing and access to a pub nearby. Thank you!

Thanks for all the tips. I didn't get to fish off Tathra or Wallaga Lake, but managed to fish off Bermagui harbour (channel) in the morning with my kids. Managed to land 6 legal sized Tailors using pilchards.

Attachment 102908

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Salmonaire View Post
    Thanks for all the tips. I didn't get to fish off Tathra or Wallaga Lake, but managed to fish off Bermagui harbour (channel) in the morning with my kids. Managed to land 6 legal sized Tailors using pilchards.

Attachment 102908
    Cant view the attachment mate

Try the internet and forum help section on how to attach pics in the main menu and see if it has some tips

Well done on landing a few too :-D

Cool Re: Fishing at Bermagui (with family)

Trying to attach a photo again....
    Attachment 102919
    Attached Images Attached Images