Thread: Best repair and maintenance manuals?

Best repair and maintenance manuals?

I want to start servicing grumpy's older prado myself as totally fed up with getting ripped off by dodgey ass service centres.

Looking at different manuals available there seems to be Gregories and Max Ellery's available for my model at *&^%cheap, but they are sealed so you can't see before you buy, which are the better of those two brands?

Also you can get CD manuals on fleebay for as little as $10, are they any good?

I did the oil & air filter change myself the other day and it was so piss easy I'm kicking myself for paying so much over the years for others to do such basic maintenance! Next will be diffs, transfer case, plugs etc.

Cheers
    C
    Last edited by Crunchy; 06-03-2014 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Make it easier to read

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Best repair and maintenance manuals?

i got a quote to replace my top and bottom hoses on one of my work lite ace Toyota van $305 i died i rang Repco AND GOT A PRICE OF $57 FOR BOTH HOSES SO I PUT THEM ON MY SELF a big save the service centre can go and jump i have the manual that came with the van new the genuine manual's can normally be found on ebay or gum tree.

Hilly