Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Turbo Diesel auto dual cab - which has the best engine auto combination.

Re: Turbo Diesel auto dual cab - which has the best engine auto combination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I agree with the sentiment Baitable, unless you drop some fairly serious coin with someone like Wholesale Automatics, they aren't available as autos. I suspect if they had dropped a decent 6 speed auto in them as an option, the sales would have been a lot higher - despite the lack of creature comforts

I hear an auto is coming. My mech did the marks auto box kit for his. What they really need is a chassis extension or a tray chop to get the tow ball back within cooee of the rear axle. The geometry punishes them as an otherwise great tow truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    nil carborundum illegitimi

Quote Originally Posted by BigE View Post
    Ausfishers
    I'm seriously looking at a new tow vehicle to take me through to retirement (10-15 yrs) its been a while since I've bought a new vehicle and my ability to talk to car sales men is not what it use to be. ( I tend to call spades -spades and dickheads well you get the picture) My priority is reliability enconomy and the ability to tow comfortably ( my boat is about 1500kg loaded) This one must be an auto as the wifey intends to share driving duties on the odd occasion (and i'm an old fart now) I have 2wd hilux atm and would consider one of the new "hi Ryder" type 2wd's but I am fond of the idea of doing some light off road work. Big decision ($$) for me I can't afford to get it wrong.

Any real world thoughts on some of the turbo diesel / auto utes out at the moment? any that you would not recommend and why?

Thanks BigE
    Im on my second bt50 4x4 dual cab auto..first one did 90000ks getting flogged 4 1/2 yrs...new one just arrived ....imo the bt50/ranger first choice for me......next the isuzu dmax for its proven reliability ......