Thread: Reef Charter

Reef Charter

Gents,

I have detected a distinct lack of overnight fishing charter options for Mackay. There used to be heaps. I'm looking at doing 4 days with 8-10 mates. Does anyone know of anyone doing this? Are there any I should avoid?

Thanks in advance
    Bubs

Re: Reef Charter

Reefari long charters from a mothership.

Reefari are the only ones I'd go with in that country.

I can highly recommend Crusader II, I believe it may still be in re-fit presently though..

However has got be pretty close to finished and being back in business..

Value for money they are the go, give Chris (Skip) 4955 1650 or 0408 791 903 a call and he will be able to give you an update..

bubsy, been trying to suss out the same thing myself??...Thinking of a drive up north later in the cooler months and either a day or two three day charter was on the interest list , have watched some of the Reefari clips on U-Tube and seems to give them a good rapp, and recently rang them and they have cut back on some of their Charters so might pay to ring them up see what they have on their list??.
    Also anothery to suss out is Megaforce Charters and awaiting a call back from them..
    Anybody else can make a recomendation it would be appreciated and i am not wrong i do think we have a member on board who i think runs charters up that way??, if he reads this thread i would appreciate a PM in regards to this query...
    Otherwise??will have tro suss out further north...

If you're interested in going out of Airlie Beach, you won't beat Sea Fever Sportfishing for trips out to the reef. I've spent a couple of dozen days out with them, and had a blast every minute.
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

Thanks fellas. I have got onto Reefari and it looks like I might be running with them, however I haven't heard of Crusader II or Megaforce, so I might make some inquiries there as well. Thanks heaps fellas.