Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Popping / Stickbait rod for big GT's

Re: Popping / Stickbait rod for big GT's

Quote Originally Posted by wahoofishingcrew View Post
    That is an absolute disaster waiting to happen.

Use the time and a fraction of the money you'd spend on that heap of shit to strategically bottom fish. This will be far easier on your skinny ass and you can just drag better tasting fish right in.

Spend the money you saved on beer.

Use the time you saved to drink said beer, looking at the full esky thinking hell I did a really good job.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Ausfish mobile app

That is excellent advice and with the encouragement of my mate I'll probably ignore it!

We have already discussed the laugh of getting the shits with it then hitting the shoals using stellas and saltigas to float pillies for macks!

Quote Originally Posted by CT View Post
    That is excellent advice and with the encouragement of my mate I'll probably ignore it!

We have already discussed the laugh of getting the shits with it then hitting the shoals using stellas and saltigas to float pillies for macks!

Welcome to borrow my stickbait setup when you want to give it a try, pick it up next time you head out

Quote Originally Posted by wahoofishingcrew View Post

Welcome to borrow my stickbait setup when you want to give it a try, pick it up next time you head out

Top offer! Thankyou.

What did you get and would you get it again?

Quote Originally Posted by CT View Post

My other suggestion would be we could build a deck winch out of an axle and a chicom 2hp motor and go deep dropping in 300m of water.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by shortthenlong View Post
    My other suggestion would be we could build a deck winch out of an axle and a chicom 2hp motor and go deep dropping in 300m of water.

Matt
    Hell yes. We should also remove all belt and pulley guards on the chicom and disable the kill switch like real men.

Lumps of driveway concrete as sacrificial deep drop weights?