Thread: Bar codding tomorrow

Bar codding tomorrow

Firstly let me apologise to bloke who've come out with me before, I fragged my phone and lost my contacts but please feel free to get hold of me. I'm seriously thinking of going codding tomorrow, only thing that will pull me up is if the forecast changes. Plan on leaving Scarby at 4:30-5am, fishing the shelf and coming home Thursday night. You don't need to bring anything or pay anything, just have a clue, don't get seasick and be look after my gear as best you can (breakages are expensive and sometimes unavoidable but carelessness does annoy me)Best bet is text me on 0410446468, I will get back to you, I'm just going to be busy getting the boat ready for a bit. First in best dressed. Boat is a 2700 noosa cat with 4 strokes. Will be fishing the shelf in the 250-600m region.Cheers.

Re: Bar codding tomorrow

Wow, I really thought someone would be keen. Hopefully the weather holds for Friday and I will do Thu and Fri instead. Im still open to go tomorrow if someone is willing......

Yes, I'm surprised too. Very generous offer. Pity it's such a hike from Coochie, and that I have stuff to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shane it's got me stuffed that no one is free to take you up. It makes me wonder how many fisherman actually are on this site!

No boat to pack, no bait needed, no rigs to prepare, have a sleep on the way out, learn how to fish the deeper water and above all that a free trip!

id come out but I'm heading overseas on a holiday tomorrow with the missis.

good luck!

Shane - I agree that it is surprising that no one has taken up this offer. I would jump at the chance to do this trip normally, but also have committments that I cant get out of this week.

I am on the Redcliffe Peninsula, so if this offer is open for a possible future trip, I would be keen to do a trip.

Cheers

Jeff

I would come out with you Shane, as everyone has mentioned it is a very generous offer, only I have work and other commitments standing in the way

Ah well Keith, that's how it goes, I've been on hols for nearly four weeks and the big boat hasn't left the trailer. Been getting out in the little boat a bit but its not the same. If I wasn't so confident of getting a decky for today I would be up the coast in it now.

As much as I hate going fishing for one day I'm open to go tomorrow if anyone is keen. It will be a long day though so don't go planning to be kissing the Mrs before midnight and if you are happy to slip me a couple of pineapples that'd be great. Bearing in mind it'll take 400 litres of fuel, 20 kg of mullet fillets and something will inevitably break, I think that's more than fair for the day. Nest bet is to text me as I don't keep my phone on me. Cheers.....

Damn shame you couldn't get a decky today Shane.
    It would have been superb out on the shelf today and tomorrow catching a box full of Bar Cod and other ooglies.
    Anyway next week we can go for it if the weathers good.

that's a discredit to fisherman/woman to not take that sort of offer not even someone in between jobs took it up . people have 2 many comitments these days (if my wife let me take time of work i would take that offer ) she keeps saying you need to pay for your toys sorry there are not any takers Shanec
    happy days ahead summer is coming

It's how it goes mate. I'm kind of lucky because I get tangled up in fishing line more often than i get tangled with work. I still work full time but manage to fish around it. I decided a few yrs ago that I will never be a millionaire unless I win it and stopped caring. It's a beautiful thing......

Yeah I'm real disappointed I couldn't get today off as I would have def Been keen to go! I'm available any weekend even a fri evening launch would be ok with me. Thanks

No problems mate. Weekends aren't usually possible for me, I get a lot of days off through the week which generally means I am working on the weekend in sime capacity. I managed to convince a couple of mates to go yesterday, we had a great day on the water, with some good fish caught. I won't go posting a report but might stick a couple of photos up later. Cheers.

Im spewing I've only just seen this now, would definitely be interested and pay my $ share!
    Nick