Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: North Pine River deep water bend

Re: North Pine River deep water bend

Quote Originally Posted by McKnight View Post
    There were some asian men there who looked to be catching under-sized bream, I didn't see him throw them back but I wasn't sure what he was doing with them so I didn't even talk to the water police who where around. Should I have? all the ones I saw seemed to be between the 10-15cm size.
    Sometimes all it takes is to go over and talk to them saying they cant take them and you'll call the police if they don't put them back. Used to happen a lot at baxters jetty at cabbage tree creek, I told off one guy who had caught a brim that would have struggled to make 15cm. He said he was just going to go up and cook it on one of the park BBQ but couldn't get his head around that he wasn't allowed to so after a bit of back and forward the fish went back and he went about his day. Just goes to show the difference in cultures...

Yeah the reason I didn't was I wasn't 100% sure what he was doing with them.

There was also an Indian lady there that was checking a grab pot ever 10 minutes or so.

At one point there were some guys there that looked to be throwing a grappling hook out from the floating pontoon, any idea what they were trying to do? It didn't have any bait on it from what I could see.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnight View Post
    At one point there were some guys there that looked to be throwing a grappling hook out from the floating pontoon, any idea what they were trying to do? It didn't have any bait on it from what I could see.
    yep, probably trying to retrieve a cast net or leadline.
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Was anyone out on the pine last night? and did you have any luck?

I was fishing from the floating pontoon again. I managed to get some live bait with the cast net, a couple of prawns about 2 inches long and some small fish. the was on the turn of low tide.
    I saw a 1 meter bull shark leap clean out of the water about 30m out, sadly nothing touched the live bait.