Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: BCF Rant

Re: BCF Rant

Yesterday I bought a new rod, reel and 300yd of braid from my local tackle shop.
    Ticket price of all items was $730, I got it for $640. (life is too short to fish poor quality gear) I may have got them $40 cheaper from a big online store but I wouldnt have them immediately.

My closest retailer is about 3km away, BCF. I call in there semi regularly to replenish plastics stock.
    Next closest is blind Freddy's, been there once......just another BCF to me.
    Then I have two real tackle shops, Carseldine Tackleshop and Sandgate Tackleworld.
    Those two shops are very good shops with great staff. I spend probably 50% of my money at thise two shops, 20% at BCF and the rest online.

I research online continually for things of interest. If the two decent shops dont carry it I buy online.
    Jack.

I TRY to support small business tackle stores rather than the chains. I also TRY to do this in my weekly food shopping. I'd rather see my money going to families rather than big business. Having said the convenience of shopping at the big chains sways me to them.

I don't have a problem shopping at BC$. I bought two really good basic snapper outfits from there for $69 each. Got me into fishing for snapper really fast, at an amazing price. But I agree, if I want advice, I look elsewhere. If I want to buy something decent, I'll generally look elsewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

my local tackle and bait shops have closed down over the last 25 yrs so i now use the gem on the way to the pin and i got all my fishing rods hand made,and personalized never had a rod break or runners fall off.

cheers,Hilly.

I'd rather see my money going to families rather than big business
    Doesn't big business employ a lot of families???

I work at that hardly normal store and next door is BCF. About 7 years ago I bought an ever ready led light with and extra red led. 7 years later it failed but I didn't keep the receipt (life time warranty). So I bought a new one and kept the receipt this time well a couple of days ago after 4 years the plastic failed and i returned it to BCF Macgregor store even though I had bought it at Underwood. What great service they provided. They don't have a record on their data base but the receipt was proof of purchase from another store. Went straight over and got me a new $36 light with no hassles So I am giving them a commendation for excellent service and attitude. I said to the young girl I was going to put her name down but on contemplation it might lead to heaps of customers asking for her. I have had excellent service from these young people over the last year. Very friendly and very willing to share information.