Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: BCF Rant

Re: BCF Rant

I too avoid BCF whenever possible. I have a small tackle shop just down the road from me and their prices are the same if not better than BCF. Good service and never have a problem of exchanging goods if I change my mind. Real advice from people who spend their days off fishing.

When it come to trailer parts we also have a small trailer shop not far and same deal there also, can't do enough for you. Just in the process of building a trailer for 7m boat and buying the parts from these people. Matched any price from internet and got some good advice for free.

I try and stay away from the big shops.

Airlock, sorry to hear you are having problems, I would also be sending some feedback to the manufacturer if you can find out who it is, the local BCF staff here have gotten to know me but as you say I don't think their systems are that savvy to work out what and where you purchased something. I have learnt to keep my receipts as only recently I bought a whole heap of pop up sprinklers from a major hardware and they were useless, being real cheap I could have thrown them away but fortunately had the receipt and got my money back and purchased other items in lieu.

I know it doesn't help with your issue which is a genuine case but if the major retailers implemented a no receipt/no refund policy people would get used to it, as it is there is a whole heap of scams going on that eventually cost us as consumers a lot more than it should, my wife worked in the retail industry and the stories she used to tell me were simply astounding.

You would have to be careful buying another tow ball hitch and returning the other one for refund.
    I think a shop is only obligated to replace goods if they are faulty, not to replace or refund if you change your mind.
    I had a case with a HUGE hardware store who sold me an air conditioner that had been sold, installed and broken down.
    It had been repaired and put back in the box for resale, the problem was they left all the paperwork for the repairs in the box.
    I got it home opened the box to find the repair details . I took it back to the shop and raised merry hell asking for a refund.
    All they were prepared to do was relace the unit . I raved and ranted until they refunded my money and I went to an electrical store and bought one.

I needed to return an item last year and no receipt. I just did a print screen of my credit card history that showed the purchase, and no problems getting the refund.

Hi Guys.

Hope this is not to far off topic, but with regard to reciept longevity if i spend over twenty dollars on anything i scan the reciept into a folder on my computer and then i can print out if required.

This has save my bacon on several occasions when i have misplaced reciepts of they have faded badly.

Safe boating to all.

Cheers Greg

With regard to giving ones business to a local shop NOT part of any large chain of stores, I'm all for that.
    I buy all my rods/reels and most of my lures/hooks etc locally, BUT I don't ask them to meet internet prices. To me that's not right if you want to support the local stores with knowledgeable staff. Ill ask if they can do better than their ticketed price but I never expect or ask for internet sourced el- cheapo prices! Sure I pay more in the long run but they know me by name, what bait or lures I use etc and I get let in on fishing info a tourist wont get.

Support your local shop but don't screw him on prices at the same time. They have families to feed too!

I wonder if the owners or executives ever read this Webb site. They would soon get an idea. They obviously do not give customers service training or if they do then management of each store are not enforcing it.

I have to say my local bcf store (Riverlink, ipswich) Is great. Never hada. Prob returning any item for money back, the guys that work there offer great advice and have talked me out of purchases cause they felt I didn't need it! The 2 guys that work the fishing section have plenty of experience and talked me out of a downriver ($180) cause they felt I didn't need it.

And they are cheaper than a local store I have looked at. Maybe I am just lucky with my store?

I went to the virginia store recently and swapped a pair of Berkeley shorts I got for my birthday that where a little big and I didn't have a receipt but no problem ,they have there days I guess...Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Quote Originally Posted by Hossfish View Post
    Hi Guys.

Hope this is not to far off topic, but with regard to reciept longevity if i spend over twenty dollars on anything i scan the reciept into a folder on my computer and then i can print out if required.

This has save my bacon on several occasions when i have misplaced reciepts of they have faded badly.

Safe boating to all.

Cheers Greg
    Greg what a great idea thanks.
    Mark

Guys. I work at a Hardware store and our policy is I refund or replace any item you bring back. No receipts are necessary and if it is a warranty claim our point of sale system allows us to search for the item and reprint a docket for up to 5 years ago.

We have replaces items that haven't been bought at our store with no questions asked It's not worth arguing with customers. Better to make someone happy with their shopping experience and the will return the favour with more purchasing
    Btw. b@F can search for any purchase docket on their sales system as well. They chose not to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by airlock View Post
    What a bunch of Bastards! picked replaced the trailer hitch on my sail boat trailer, simple swap to another 50mm unit. picked up an arc model from bcf in noosa, no worries fitted it then got back to sorting out the rigging and other scars left by my farther inlaw. Any way ive just gone to hitch it up to the car and i cant get the thing on, no amount of fiddling, forcing or swearing will get the new 50mm coupling to fit the 50mm tow ball. so i get the measuring tape out, its 45mm, witch as far as i know is not a size used by anyone and even if it was it would require 45mm not 50mm stamped on the product. so my afternoon sail is up to spout, bugger but hey i can just go back and swap it over and head out late tomorrow arvo when i get back.....no i bought it from BC god dam F!!!!

Called em up, have you got the receipt...um no guess i wasn't expecting to have to return it, cant think of much that goes wrong with em but hey my bad anyway, but its ok i'm a club member so no worries just whip up the purchase on screen there it is. But that doesnt actually mean i can return it apparently, still need the receipt as proof of purchase so they can send it back to arc and tell em they did a shit job.

Now i know i'm a bit naive not keeping the receipt but i would still expect some attempt at customer service, spent a fiar bit of money with them the last few moths and they couldn't give two craps. So from this point they wont be getting one soiled penny from me.
    Something is not right here, are you saying ARK have 50mm stamped on a 45mm coupling?. I deal with ARK a lot and apart from never seeing a 45mm coupling, I guarantee they wouldn,t have the size wrong. The "stamp" is part of the casting and will not be wrong. Do you have a photo?

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyCoastMark View Post
    Something is not right here, are you saying ARK have 50mm stamped on a 45mm coupling?. I deal with ARK a lot and apart from never seeing a 45mm coupling, I guarantee they wouldn,t have the size wrong. The "stamp" is part of the casting and will not be wrong. Do you have a photo?

This bloke must have big nuts making an assumption and a guarantee on Ausfish.

Quote Originally Posted by Gon Fishun View Post
    This bloke must have big nuts making an assumption and a guarantee on Ausfish.
    By memory Mark in involved in trailer fabrication, so he does have some credibility in his comments.

Tony

Good call Mark.

You may have to pull the coupling handle up they don't always push up by themselves, then there's also the adjustment thing to play with.

Does anyone know if there's a set way to adjust them other than as tight as possible yet still accept the ball?