Thread: Humminbird 997 si losing picture at 5knts

Humminbird 997 si losing picture at 5knts

Howdy all

chasing some help regarding my sounder losing picture once over 5knts. I have a humminbird 997 si which works great when Im slowly driving around looking for fish on the bottom and so on but I'm losing the picture once over 5knts which makes it very hard to find bait will trolling. The screen just goes blanks and reads .5m

im in assuming it's caused the turbulence from the prop but not to sure how to correct it and where else I can move the transducer to if it's not right. I generally try to have the tranny running in line with the bottom of the transom.

any thoughts on if this can be fixed

cheers

Re: Humminbird 997 si losing picture at 5knts

I'm no expert, but I would have thought it should be down a couple of cm lower, so that the transducer is in clear water. I am assuming (of course), that where you have it in the photo is where you run it on the water. It looks far enough in front of the prop to not be affected by prop wash.

But like I said, I'm no expert.

hey mate. id move the transducer to the right hand pod

"kudos on the polycraft btw " that well area is going to stir up all kinds of noise
    being you have a hydrofoil it should stop a lot of cavitation up around the trasnsducer. but yeap. about 2"deeper than it is.. and on the right. should be all good

and quickly after that.. this song should make things all better

Cheers moose, I'll drop it down a bit and see how we go. Don't worry mate I'm part of the poly owners mad house haha