Thread: Electric brake controller

Electric brake controller

I need to put a brake controller on my new triton. Very little space so initially liked the red arc remote mounted one but the reviews are very polarised, you either love it or hate it. So now I am considering a tekonsha prodigy iq as there is a good spot for it or if the the p3 is similar dimensions I'll spring the extra cash for the added diagnostic features. Anyone had any experience with any of the above mentioned brake controllers?

Re: Electric brake controller

I have the tekonsha prodigy P3 installed on my 2012 Triton fits perfectly just in front of the gear stick, see attached pics. It does inhibit access a little to the 12V outlet but as you can see I still have a USB adaptor in there and two power leads coming out of it

IMG_1430.jpgIMG_1429.jpg

I have the red arc remote mounted in my triton ute best thing i ever did no probs what soever and inconspicuous been installed for two years now and no bulky bits on or around the dash. best investment imo cheers

I had the techonsha on my ford for towing my camper and found it easy to operate and smooth braking ,but on my new dmax I got the redarc remote version installed after a recommendation by the car dealer and I wish I hadn't as it is very on or off type setup and not smooth application like the techonsha . I have found I almost have to back the redarc right of around town as it applies the brakes a bit hard for my liking if you know what I mean ,it works and will do me but I rather the techonsha ....Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Tekonsha P3 is the best proportional controller money can buy and very cheap from this supplier: http://www.ownta.com/compatible-cell...ung-i9000.html

I don't have a Triton, I have a Landcruiser 200 and as most people I installed mine where the ashtray goes , pull ashtray out install the controller there and fits perfectwith a custom made trim panel looks like factory.Attachment 100891Attachment 100892Attachment 100893

Got the Red Arc in both cars , work a treat . Tiny and look the part .

I have the P3 in my Triton in the same spot as kiwimex bit doesn't sit out as much- its on more of an angle because it can be with this controller (some have to be perfectly horizontal to work properly). Never read or experienced a bad thing about them so I would go with something proven. If something is polarizing then you generally have a 50/50 chance of not liking it.
    I mounted mine with the clip bracket (supplied) so when the boat isnt on the back it lives in the glove box.