Thread: Sustain or Stradic CI4+ ?

Sustain or Stradic CI4+ ?

Looking at a sustain or Stradic CI4+ 2500 to go on either a shimano tk3g or g loomis 3-5pnd spin for chasing bream on lures. Has anyone used the above rods/reels ? I'm leaning towards the sustain and the tk3g. How strong are the ci4's ? If dropped on rocks or a jetty how would the crack ? Any info greatly appreciated . Cheers

Re: Sustain or Stradic CI4+ ?

I just got the ci4+ absolutely love it. Super smooth super light. Just christened it on a 48cm jack.

I've got a 3000 sustain -same reel as the 2500 but has a deeper spool, without checking the spec's I'm sure its also lighter than the 2500 -its a great little reel , no issues with it at all.I see you just want it for bream , but its always worth having a bit more line capacity especially on small reels.
    Regards
    Beast Master
    Keep Ya Tip UP
    Beast

Oh yer and I fitted 300m of 8lb tournament exceed on it too. Overkill for bream haha

Makita - I'm kicking myself now, as I chose a Stradic 2500 Ci4 last year over a Sustain. After 6 months and about a dozen day sessions spinning, there's pronounced play in the handle assembly already! Yes, I can take it back for warranty service/repair, but it shouldn't have happened! I've had $50 reels last longer. That said, I've had no problems with my standard Stradics, Nascis and Elfs, though...

Get a Rarenium, same as a Stradic Ci4, cheaper than a Ci4+, has a slightly lower ratio and comes with a spare spool. I have had no issues with my Stradic Ci4 2500.

i have a rarenium 3000 awsome reel loaded with 8pound could not be happier with the performance just over a year old no problems at all have caught some cracking bycatch with it aswell .
    in response to your question i personaly would get the sustain simply better quality imo
    happy days ahead summer is coming