Thread: noosa Bream

noosa Bream

Hi guys, i'm hopeing there might be a few sunshine coasters on here willing to share some tips. I'm new to the area and to the sport so more or less starting from scratch.
    i was planing on hitting the reefs this weekend but my outboard never turned up . luckly we have use of a smaller fiberglass run about, not big enough for a rookie to brave the bar but god to potter up and down the river chasing something to eat and i figure bream should be a reliable target.
    were would be a few good places to start? i'm thinking around harbour town if its quite and then maybe head up towards a few of the other bridges.
    Am i on the right lines here?

Re: noosa Bream

Bream are an easy target mate. If you start with a pack of prawns and fish rock walls. bridge pylons or any structure you will find them.

You will catch more undersized fish than legal ones, but that's okay, let them go carefully and they are around for next time.

Good luck.

thanks, a few fish but only one that would have been a keeper. on the flip side ended up with a fair few mud crabs so not a wasted day.

Half your luck Airlock, I go targeting muddies and end up with bream in my crab pots