Thread: Dragonfly.

Dragonfly.

How is the Raymarine Dragonfly stacking up these days??
    Anyone having issues with them?
    Anyone had any water in them or fogging yet?

Anyone recommending them?
    Jack.

Re: Dragonfly.

Ive had a old raymarine with fogging issues (and known other with the same issues) but definitely no fogging issues with the new dragon fly unit I have. Only thing I can think of that bugs me is its a little small screen wise to run gps and sounder together so i run it in sounder and 3d sounder mode with a separate gps. It really helps in interpreting what Im seeing on my sounder. Certainly for the price i couldn't find a better unit.

Cheers Chris

crappy bracket and the knob gets stiff "read into that what you like" after a bit of use.
    recomendation.. hmmm
    maybe
    id look at other options first.

No fogging whatsoever . Extremely happy with mine,
    Shawm

Thanks fellas.
    Jack.

Hi all,
    Chochlatemoose, if it was you that was in the market for a new GPS combo unit in the $1000 dollar bracket, which unit would you choise and why ?

knowing that you wanted the following
    - best Maps
    - engine mangerment
    - quality side & down scan
    - warranty
    - back up
    - ease of use

regards
    wheelybin.

have you got a screen size you prefer?

16 inch ...

i got a great old Thorn color tv. about 16" you can have. it has channel selector and twin aerials.. oh and limited edition wood paneling

Hi All,
    I know this looks like l am high jacking this thread a bit, l am sorry if it seams that way.
    either 5" or 7" l do prefer the 7", l just the best value with the most features thats all.

Regards
    wheelybin.

Quite happy with mine. bang for buck I couldn't go past it on a small boat, very easy to use and very clear screen. Only problem I have is it won't read the bottom clearly at speed yet but that is probably a hull/set up issue and there are other brands that have the same issue.

for 7" id be suggesting a echomap70s kinda future proofing yourself. solid reliable . great sonar. amazing gps. not a lot much more than a dragonfly
    for non touch id look at the elite7 HDI.

I have a hds7 gen 1 with stock transducer and a dragonfly

gps on hds7 is better the map on the dragonfly seems boxy in comparison

screen Is beautiful beats the hds7
    both sow the same thing underneath just have to know what your looking at on the hds7 where the dragon fly shows it weed rock etc

I use the hds 7 as a dedicated gps on half the screen and speed fuel usage on the other side

Stevej, I think you can overlay your speed, fuel usage on map screen (or sounder screen) with HDS without having to split the screen.

yep. you can. just go into "Edit data overlay" .. and then add.. and then gps for speed. and engine for fuel. . move them around where you like them. use the zoom keys to make them bigger or smaller. and press save