Thread: camp oven rocking lid

camp oven rocking lid

Bought a new camp oven today...but upon unpacking it to work through the seasoning I noticed the lid rocks.

The lid is fine just the base is out of kilter...effectively a rocking 1.5mm base-lid gap is created no matter how the lid is spun...actually the base is way out all over compared to the two other two different sized ones I own...one of these is of the same brand.

Should I put up with this?..or take it back, I do all the family cooking in my household and whenever camping etc so I know my way around these things but want to be sure this is considered unacceptable by others also for a camp oven cooks the way it cooks for good reason and this will ruin it?

cheers

Ausfish Platinum Member gruntahunta's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: camp oven rocking lid

Take it back.....it needs to sit flush..

Gotta Love Maroochydore.

well you know what they say..."if the lids a rockn don't bother knockin"........its cast steel I take it ...the steel moves around when its heated and cooled anyway...plus its never perfect...I wouldn't have any troubles with it because you need steam/air to escape

FNQ, take it back if you can
    the product has a manufacturing flaw and they are obliged to replace or refund

cheers
    IFISHCQ2

I would take it back, there is a defect with it and you've payed money for it. It might not effect your dish while you're cooking or it might? I think it would be piece of mind for me.

cheers
    Darren
    Good things come to those who bait

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Take it back you did'nt pay for a bent one.
    Hilly

Thanks for the replies, I will take it back some steam soak is what happens in a proper fitting lid, this one because it rocks is totally open for better than half it's lid area...I guess I could get at it with the grinder also.....my wife will need to head into town much earlier than I will so I will get her to do it......pitty the sales staff if they try and cause her grief over an exchange.

thanks all.