Thread: A Pom and his UTE?

Thumbs up A Pom and his UTE?

Hi guys,in the month or so I'll be buying a new UTE most probably in NSW as I'll be staying with relly's for several weeks, a few months later I'll be moving up to QLD permanently, my question is how much will it cost me to re register it up in QLD?

Cheers guys

P.S i'm consider a Triton..

Re: A Pom and his UTE?

About $70 for the roadworthy (yep, you have to get one, even for a new car) and then your rego/third party. So for 12 months around $700 I think, I just did this a few weeks ago on a new triton going from WA - QLD. But then you'll get a refund on the un-used NSW rego.
    PS, the Triton is very good value for the GLX at around $29990 atm, imo. I'm very happy with mine.
    Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt, fish or ride.

You can have a look around this site.

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/

Tritons are going cheap, at the moment. You'll get the 2013 plated models at a good discount.

Most 4 x 4 are in the same situation, with Colorado making waves with prices. You'll probably even find some demo models ( 2103 ) being offered up at reduced prices.

Good luck.
    It's not who you are, but what you do........ that defines you !

Many thanks comrades and tight lines...

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

BUY A REAL UTE a Landcruiser yea.

Hilly.

Quote Originally Posted by gr hilly View Post
    BUY A REAL UTE a Landcruiser yea.

Hilly.

I would do mate Landcruisers are a great truck, but sadly I don't think my budget will stretch to one and a boat

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sandstorm GET A HJ60 THATS A 83 TO 89 5 SPEED DIESEL IT WILL TOW ANYTHING GIVE YOU GREAT MLS PER GAL AND GO ANY WHERE AND A GOOD ONE WILL COST YOU FROM 7000 TO 10000 FOR A PRETTY ONE AND THEY WERE THE BEST SELLING 4X4 IN AUSIE THEY MADE THEM FOR TEN YRS CHANGING FROM A 4 SPEED IN83 TO A 5 SPEEDAND THATS ALL THEY CHANGED.

CHEERS HILLY.

Years ago when I bought a car interstate I needed one RWC for the Vic to QLD registration transfer and another RWC for the ownership transfer. Yep, two RWCs for essentially the same transaction. I had to go back and pay for another one when I found out.

However, as you'll already own the vehicle, you should be right.

I picked up a new triton for 27990 drive away. Bloody good value. I know there are better utes out there but as I use it to tow a van up the beach and boat to the ramp I am not going to spend anymore on a ute. I looked at bt50 but it started in the mid 40k. I liked the Isuzu Dmax but at 40k not interested. Could have got a d22 navara for similar money but it was rough as guts. My last triton lasted me ten years so here's hoping this one does too.

Thanks Guys, just out of interest does anyone know of any deals on new or ex demonstrated dual cab landcruiser utes? I expect they be out of my league but you never know

Hey Still_Dreamin what were the specs on your Triton? Did you get any extras for the money and was it a 2013 model?
    Thanks a heap.

MY 2014. It was cheap because of hail damage. Searched the vehicle high and low, found one slight depression ( not deep enough to be a dent) and it was on the style side. As I am getting a tray put on wasn't an issue. Six airbags, cruise control, blue tooth, electric windows are all standard. Got the manual with vinyl floors as I tow a van up the beach and with two rug rats don't wipe sand off their feet before getting in. The paint warranty is void but 4k saving was too good to pass up. Try nundah mitsubishi or the one at redcliffe.

Are landcruiser utes worth the money? I'm considering a dual cab workmate if they're the right money...

Quote Originally Posted by SandStorm View Post
    Are landcruiser utes worth the money? I'm considering a dual cab workmate if they're the right money...
    I grew up with land cruiser and love them BUT they are very expensive these days. They start at around $65k without a tray.
    Compare that to a Holden Colorado without a tray at $37k or an Isuzu Dmax for $38k or a Ford Ranger for $38k and you see what I mean.
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.