Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quintrex or Stacer

Quintrex or Stacer

Hi all,
    I'm in the market for a new boat just can't decide between a
    Quintrex 481 Lazeabout with a 75 Etec or
    Stacer 489 Baymaster with a 75 Etec or Honda 75
    I know they both come from telwater and they are very similar the Stacer comes with thicker sides(2.5mm) Quintrex (1.6mm)
    Quintrex=Millennium hull and
    Stacer=Evo advance hull
    I've already had a 2011 Quintrex 470 coastrunner with a Etec 60 which was alright but always thought the sides were to thin and they did buckle after awhile

My question is who has a Stacer 489 baymaster, what do you think of the EVO hull and over all what do you think of the boat???
    Also anyone with Quintrex 481 Lazeabout what do you think of the new Millennium hull and over all what do you think of the boat???
    Is there anything else I should be looking at???

Thanks
    rotachoc

Re: Quintrex or Stacer

Why not have a look at Aluvan boats? Doesn't hurt to look, you might like them.
    Darren

Thanks for the reply Darren, I was more after a runabout style of boat in the 4.8m range
    thanks anyway

Ok. Sorry mate. Can i suggest you take a look at the Clark 485 navigator. Looks exactly the same as the old ally craft of that size. My father in law had one and it felt really solid and rode quite well for it's size. I was pretty impressed with it and i thought it rode a lot better than the 5.6 quinnie bow rider he had before that.
    They have 3mm bottom and 3mm sides too.
    Darren

Jump on the bluefin boats web site they have a great range and are good boats IMO made on the Gold Coast and a lot of stuff others call extras are standard on bluefin boats ... Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

I like more Stacer over Quintrex in that size of boat

Quote Originally Posted by rotachoc View Post
    the Stacer comes with thicker sides(2.5mm) Quintrex (1.6mm)

I've already had a 2011 Quintrex 470 coastrunner with a Etec 60 which was alright but always thought the sides were to thin and they did buckle after awhile
    There's your answer.

The Quintrex will have a slightly softer ride than the Stacer. The 75 Honda will be a lot heavier than the Etech but I would prefer the Honda.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

have you had a look at the bowrider style of boat. They offer the protection of a runabout but open up the fore section of the boat for fishing and family cruising. they really are a great design for a fish head with a family. The only downside they are more exy of course.

I rode in a Quintrex 5 Metre runabout with a Millenium hull. It rode well but the flex in the hull was alarming. The bloke works with me and has had several repairs at just 150 hours. This boat is not heavily used and the transom cracking was very poor. Sorry not a Telwater fan. My mate's Hornet was stuffed at 6 years old. It too was like a wobbly boot in chop. Hopefully the newer ones are better.

Hi guys in I don't want to derail this thread but do you have to pay GST on new boats? And is this generally included in the list price, or is it added on at the invoice?

Having just ordered my new Clark Pursuit 4.27 from Karee Marine - the answer is yes there is GST and it is usually included in a Boat Motor Trailer (BMT) package UNLESS you see one of those pesky * that says does not include GST.

By law GST should be included.

If they dont want to show it, offer to pay cash at the quoted price with no extras; like GST!! No doubt they will make up the difference for the ATO.

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

What about Seejay..like their hull styling better as true actual boat hull overall...know nothing about their finer particulars /costs...cannot say this particular sized hull style is better/worse when all considered and to lazy to look it up myself...seajay often has better actual boat hulls I have noticed...I dont own one...never have.

Thanks topcatch and chimo