Thread: Camping at barratta creek?

Camping at barratta creek?

Me and few mates are doing a fishing trip up the coast and are keen to try this creek out, but I can't seem to find any likely camping spots. Doesn't have to be much of a spot we will be fairly roughing it. Is there any spots on the creek or near here?
    thanks

Re: Camping at barratta creek?

I'm not sure if there is a camping spot there. Will you have a boat?
    Nearby spots that people do camp at are the boat ramps at the haughton river via Giru or the boat ramp at Morrisseys Creek.
    Another spot you could try is Molongle Ck which is halfway between Ayr and Bowen.
    Groper Ck is another.

Cheers for that, yes we will have boats. I will look at those spots probably on our way through

No worries mate. I'm pretty sure that the road in to the barrattas goes through private property that's why I'm not sure about the camping there.
    How far north are you going?

The furtherest place will be starke river. So keen for spots between rockhampton and there. I think first stop we will make will be crystal/ cattle creek and then move on to wherever we feel like. Got about 14 days to explore the coast!

PLenty of open spots along the creek. The turn off will take you about 15-20km (from memory-its been a few years) in from the highway and you will come across a small bunch of huts and a very good ramp. Drop the boats in there and then head upstream a little way and drive the cars back down the road about a km or so. You can then turn off the road and through some grass fields to open areas on the creek. Tie the boats up to the bank and they are at your door step.

Sandflys will be brutal unless you have a good wind blowing but. Also it is worth having a GPS- the Barrattas can be a bit confusing at first.

Quote Originally Posted by upstart View Post
    Thanks for that, pretty good website

Quote Originally Posted by Camhawk88 View Post
    PLenty of open spots along the creek. The turn off will take you about 15-20km (from memory-its been a few years) in from the highway and you will come across a small bunch of huts and a very good ramp. Drop the boats in there and then head upstream a little way and drive the cars back down the road about a km or so. You can then turn off the road and through some grass fields to open areas on the creek. Tie the boats up to the bank and they are at your door step.

Sandflys will be brutal unless you have a good wind blowing but. Also it is worth having a GPS- the Barrattas can be a bit confusing at first.
    sounds like what we are chasing, apart from the sand flies! Guess we will have to wait and see what the weather throws at us