Thread: Road trip Rockhampton to Canberra

Road trip Rockhampton to Canberra

I am heading to Narooma for a charter with Lighthouse fishing charters the weekend of the 22.02.14. I will be doing a road trip from Rockhampton to Canberra to pick up my brother and his mate on the way. I will be travelling down the coast and planning to do a bit of land based fishing on the way. Any spots that I should take the time to wet a line at to break up the trip. I will be in a 4wd
    Dave

Re: Road trip Rockhampton to Canberra

Jesus there is millions of places to have a fish, Yamba, Hat head, just name a place and you could fish there, by the way... Love Narooma, go there all the time.

Thats the reason I have put up the post. I have not done any land based fishing south of Gladstone so I am looking for feedback so I go to places that are worth while instead of wasting time so to speak

OK then, let's start again, what sort of fishing are you thinking of? Flathead, Blackfish and Bream, gamefish, spinning for Pelagics? Lots of difference in where you should be stopping, even crabbing and Prawning, all of these sorts of things are within reach, land based.

I forgot to ask, Narooma is a bloody long way from Rocky to do a charter, is there a species you are targeting on he charter?

Target fish for the charter will be kings and tuna. It is a long way to go for around 8 hours of fishing. Its more to catch up with my brother and have a few coldies.
    The fishing on the way down and back will be with light spin gear (8lb) and a barra rod (baitcaster with 30lb). Bream will be a target as they are petty much everywhere but I am keen to ha a crack at what ever I can as I dont think I will be doing this trip solo again so I wont have the option of pulling up whenever I want. It will be catch and release so table quality is not a concern and bait will be soft plastics and hard body lures.

I guess I will look out for local tackle shops as I pass through towns to see if they can pass on some spots.