Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Okuma Salina 3

Re: Okuma Salina 3

This is really eating away at you Chris. The two Shimano offerings that you mentioned will do a fine job but I would be leaning toward the Saragosa SW at that price point. Not as refined or as tough as a Stella but non the less a reel that will fit your needs well. I try not to be bias toward brands but sticking with the 2 major players for mine is a must. Others try but most simply do not have the refinement, strength and have trouble lasting the distance. Go to the Shimano web site and download the schematics for the two reels you mentioned and look at the drags, line rollers and all the other bits that generally give problems.
    Regards to all Dick

Just to make the decision harder, check out the price for the Okuma Salina 3 on M O TKL...
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevric View Post
    I try not to be bias toward brands but sticking with the 2 major players for mine is a must.
    I'm glad you're not biased There are plenty of good reels from other manufacturers if you open you're mind. I had a little trouble with a Salina 3 antireverse but found they had jammed everything with a thick grease. Once that was cleaned it has been faultless. You should not have to do this with a new reel but at under $200.00 I can live with that. I hated the handle as well but I have used it a bit and like it now. I'm not sure how long the knob will last but mine is still pristine after 1/6 dozen trips

[QUOTE=NAGG;1537156]I finally got to look at a Salina 3 when I was in Adelaide last Friday - I certainly didn't walk our with one

The handle configuration looks dodgy to me ......

I'm more inclined to buy a saragossa - but even the biomaster looked good but it is a much more light weight reel

decisions decisions
    mate that handle on the Salina 3 looks like. ();()$& I personally did not like it but the Salina 2 is a good looking and performing reel that's why I have 2. If sticking with the major 2 then it would be shimano all the way . They target that price range with a good selection for a reason my saragosa is used for popping and live baiting solid reel.
    IMO much tougher reel and it is =3 in there lineup
    diawa are fantastic light to medium not reel good medium to heavy you need to buy there top shelf to feel like you got your money worth
    your thread is a good one chris let us know your choice
    happy days ahead summer is coming

One other option is the Speros 10000SW. Pretty much the same specs as the Gosa SW but a couple less bearings. They are about $100.00 less than the Gosa. Personally I would pay the extra but less bearings can be an advantage at times if the reel is going to get dunked a bit

Go the whole hog get a Zeebaas.
    Graham

Hi Guys if its any help i have to Stellas FA 6000 and 8000 the reels are brand new spooled with 30 power pro braid i have 58 fishing reels some i have never used and have boxes for all give me a call if your keen 0401140507 michael will to to a deal for both there are on gumtree.