Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9 Mile

9 Mile

Looking at heading out to 9 mile reef in a couple of weeks. First trip outside & was wondering if anyone knows of a place to hire an epirb for the trip ? Don't want to buy one just yet in case I don't like going offshore. Cheers

Re: 9 Mile

You can't hire Epirbs as they have to be registered under the vessels name and the users details stored with AMSA
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Cheers , I'll have to buy one

Suggest you head offshore in another boat first then.

sent using TapTalk
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

If this is your first time offshore, I would be very careful about crossing Tweed bar with no experience of bar crossings or knowledge of the bar.

A mate is coming out who crosses the bar a couple times a week to guide me through it . Cheers

Mate it went off over the weekend......if i wasnt working tonight id be out there tomorrow morning...

Hey bloke.
    you can grab my epirb if you need. Send me a PM.

Cheers
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by wayno60 View Post
    Mate it went off over the weekend......if i wasnt working tonight id be out there tomorrow morning...
    Hey mate are the wahoo about or tuna ?? We went 9.9.9 on dollies 1.1.0 on blacks a few weeks back keen to have a good hoo sesh ...
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

Tuna and spanards...

Mate an Epirb would be a great investment, just might save yours and your family/friends lives, wether your off shore up a creek, out bush camping, huting whatever. I wouldn't loan one either I'm sure this would just complicate things for the rescue crews.

Happy fishn,

Quote Originally Posted by rtp1984 View Post
    Hey bloke.
    you can grab my epirb if you need. Send me a PM.

Cheers
    Rob
    so who gets to pay the fine... you or him
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Makita View Post
    A mate is coming out who crosses the bar a couple times a week to guide me through it . Cheers
    So you don't need the EPIRB anymore because your mate has one?

just back on track if I may, Palmy was the place to be this morning....

Thanks for the offer but I don't want to wear a fine . My mate does have one but I'm taking my boat out not his so can't use his one. Heading into bcf tomorrow night to pick one up , thanks for the help