Thread: Thoughts about this Weekend

Thoughts about this Weekend

So what does everyone think about this weekend?

Hanging for a fish and the BoM is saying 10/15 Sat Arvo to Sunday Lunch

I am thinking of a run over to Curtin on Saturday arvo bay Sunday Morning

How does Curtin Fish at night?

Do you think the swell will be down in the bay?

Have a 5.5M which can handle the swell ok - just getting too old to get battered about if it is too lumpy.

Leaving from Port of Brisbane

Cheers

Blair

Re: Thoughts about this Weekend

Its been blowing its ar$e off all week from the ESE, and they are saying 15 to 20 E all morning. It will be interesting to see if their prediction of it dropping to 10-15 SE after lunch actually happens.

So will be a solid set running I would have thought across the middle of the Bay. Add some tidal run and I don't think it will be very pleasant out there in the open.

i think the likelihood is that you will get a bashing, but watch the forecast and actual wind strength readings on Saturday morning and see what is actually happening versus what is predicted, and make a call then.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

I agree with Moonlighter, it will be pretty average out in the middle. Personally i wouldnt, theres always another day.
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin Sea View Post
    I agree with Moonlighter, it will be pretty average out in the middle. Personally i wouldnt, theres always another day.
    cheers
    Starting to have the same thought - maybe the southern bay will be a bit better

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    Its been blowing its ar$e off all week from the ESE, and they are saying 15 to 20 E all morning. It will be interesting to see if their prediction of it dropping to 10-15 SE after lunch actually happens.

So will be a solid set running I would have thought across the middle of the Bay. Add some tidal run and I don't think it will be very pleasant out there in the open.

i think the likelihood is that you will get a bashing, but watch the forecast and actual wind strength readings on Saturday morning and see what is actually happening versus what is predicted, and make a call then.
    Wondering how it would be across the southern bay then run up the east side of Moreton? Perhaps a bit more sheltered?

Just watched a boat go out from Manly, went about 300m out from the channel markers, turned around and came back in. I wounder about some boaties, you could see from the shore it was crap. The weekend is not going to be much different, I would head south around the bay islands if your keen.

sent using TapTalk
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Quote Originally Posted by blairv70 View Post
    Wondering how it would be across the southern bay then run up the east side of Moreton? Perhaps a bit more sheltered?
    You could launch say at Victoria Pt and go across to Straddie then up the Rainbow channel. To get north along Moreton in sheltered waters then means going across the area behind the bar, which will be seriuosly rough with the easterly swell, then to Reeders and then theres a long, slow trip in the "go slow" zone thru to the Blue Hole. Then you could head north along the beach close in, I guess, if you want to get to areas like Cowan.....

A very, very long way around if you think about it. Very long.

Better off targeting squire and sweeties around McLeay Is and Coochie if you are desperate to wet a line. Or ting, flatties etc around the southern islands or rivers.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Im working this weekend so watch the wind drop off to nothing and the showers stop..

Blog Entries

Good week end to do trailer maintenance i reackon.

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I AM HOPING to go up my fav river for some tings on Sunday after a stint in Hospital i cant wait.cheers Hilly

I'm thinking of land based in the canals down the goldy this Sunday for my fix. I hear rumors of big GTs and giant herring at a certain spot
    That's a nice fish you caught... Do you mind if I use it for bait.

Wind is dropping slowly according to BoM

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I JUST ORDERED my blood worms so its on Sunday watch out things.

Go crabbing mate
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

I think we are all going through open water withdrawal symptoms