View Poll Results: Do you like the changes to the 'Thanks/Like/Disagree' notification system?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I do like the changes!

10 14.71%
  • No I do not like the changes!

42 61.76%
  • I dont care. Lets go fishing!

16 23.53%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you like the changes to the 'Thanks/Like/Disagree' notification system??

Re: Do you like the changes to the 'Thanks/Like/Disagree' notification system??

Quote Originally Posted by FatBuoy View Post
    I just love the logistical efficiency of a poll, to organise who disagrees, electronically, so that they may be banned rapidly in a multiple format. Very efficient. Congrats!
    Very amusing, Pauly. I got a good laugh from that.

Lots of forums have like and dislike activated these days but most of the time I don't use them.

I do sometimes use 'thanks' buttons on forums that have them so that when people are helpful with an issue I've had I can say 'thanks'.
    | Savage Kestral with Evinrude 9.9 --> Stacer 3.9 with Yamaha 15 --> Polycraft 4.55 CC with Honda 50 --> Ally Craft Reel Mate 4.25 with Yamaha 3 cylinder 30 horse --> Hmmm what next? |

Only 4 people like the changes so far against 26 who don't and 12 who have splinters in their ass.
    that's 42 people and the 4 people who voted yes represent less than 2% of the vote. Hardly convincing...........
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Only 4 people like the changes so far against 26 who don't and 12 who have splinters in their ass.
    that's 42 people and the 4 people who voted yes represent less than 2% of the vote. Hardly convincing...........
    No splinters in my ass dude... I voted who gives a flying F, better things in life to worry about. Like, when will this blow disappear so I can go f'ing fishing! :-)

Cheer up ozy!

Fkn wind won't piss off mate so getting cabin fever. Did you get up here at all this month?

Fkn wind won't piss off mate so getting cabin fever. Did you get up here at all this month?
    Naa I didn't unfortunately. I would have givin you a yell if I did. :-) Will be after May when I make it up hopefully.

On a side note mate, do you know where Dave is?

Dave ain't here man.

Back to maths class for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post
    Back to maths class for you...
    Yep actually 8.89%, still not the majority.

Yep actually 8.89%, still not the majority.
    1+1 is?

:-)

Question Re: Do you like the changes to the 'Thanks/Like/Disagree' notification system??

Any interim thoughts Steve(AF)....although "I accept" the poll doesn't close till July m8....

The part I don't like is in a thread sometimes the same member will lik/thank a part of the thread but there is no way I know which item the member referred to, if the notifications were changed so that the actual item no was included then it would be fine with me (or is it my browser not displaying correctly again). In the end the wind is back again, if it wasn't then the bitching level would drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    The part I don't like is in a thread sometimes the same member will lik/thank a part of the thread but there is no way I know which item the member referred to, if the notifications were changed so that the actual item no was included then it would be fine with me (or is it my browser not displaying correctly again). In the end the wind is back again, if it wasn't then the bitching level would drop.
    If you have posted more than once in a thread and want to know which particular post some one gave you a Thanks/Like/Disagree you can click on the link for that Thank/Like... in your notification centre. It will take you to the actual post.

Yes, a few people seem to be getting cabin fever lately due to the winds

Hey Steve,

Any thoughts on the result of the poll? Might you consider undoing the change?

cheers
    C

Judging by the number of votes compared to the number of members that login each day, week, month, it would appear that most people don't care enough to even vote and would rather be out fishing. Similar to the reception/opposition the feature got when it was first introduced. What I have noticed over the past 20 years is that the vast majority of members do not post or help out other members to get a like or thanks, they do it because they want to help.