Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What 's with the re-config of tnkx/like/d ratings ?

Re: What 's with the re-config of tnkx/like/d ratings ?

Yes and that is the option I will be using from now on thanks tangles

Quote Originally Posted by MrNanks View Post
    Wasnt some other fella ( of sorts) whinging recently about the disagree button.
    Ahhh yes it was Fat Sav. Or something like that. Small Sav ? No Sav.....
    Nick off FatBuoy. Stop disagreeing with me. I am outing you........

Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    Get a grip fellas, its just a button...cant people simply in plain english in a reply to a post say if they agree or disagree with a post? that option is still there isnt it…might promote healthy discussion
    yes, that would be the logical option :-) But you will find in life some people will agree or disagree with you no matter what you say :-) Even if it is just to get a like or thanks :-)

Quote Originally Posted by snapperbasher View Post
    I disagree Steve. If I click on the post link in the notification it only takes me to the top of the page that the person clicked on not the individual post. It is important to me to know exactly which post otherwise it really is a complete waste of anybodies time rating a post....if no one else can see who has rated it and you cant tell who rated which post??? why even have that function??
    Just checked it and it works fine. When it first goes to the page it shows the top of the page because the post it is linked to has not loaded yet, just a part of the page. Once the entire page loads it will go to the actual post.

I ahve only checked it in Firefox at the moment so will check it in a few other browsers

Quote Originally Posted by Ausfish View Post
    Just checked it and it works fine. When it first goes to the page it shows the top of the page because the post it is linked to has not loaded yet, just a part of the page. Once the entire page loads it will go to the actual post.

I ahve only checked it in Firefox at the moment so will check it in a few other browsers
    Thanks Steve. It works on my phone but not on the PC

Seems like the administrators would rather us respond to a post rather than use the buttons just get rid of the buttons altogether and promote the respond button.
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Steve, there have been a few changes on Ausfish over the last three months and in my opinion none have been for the betterment of the site

1. The lifetime bans imposed on core members and the continued editing/deletion of threads and banning of members has led to the widespread disenfranchisement of a lot of long term contributors

2. The latest upgrade that has made internet explorer almost unusable has impacted on many members. IE is used extensively by the less IT savvy sections of the community. I personally hate having to switch to Chrome to post anything

3. Encouraging keyboard hero's to hide behind anonymity with their likes and dislikes. Either boot it completely or leave it he way it was
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Steve, there have been a few changes on Ausfish over the last three months and in my opinion none have been for the betterment of the site

1. The lifetime bans imposed on core members and the continued editing/deletion of threads and banning of members has led to the widespread disenfranchisement of a lot of long term contributors

2. The latest upgrade that has made internet explorer almost unusable has impacted on many members. IE is used extensively by the less IT savvy sections of the community. I personally hate having to switch to Chrome to post anything

3. Encouraging keyboard hero's to hide behind anonymity with their likes and dislikes. Either boot it completely or leave it he way it was
    A thanks and a like for that post.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard_King View Post
    Seems like the administrators would rather us respond to a post rather than use the buttons just get rid of the buttons altogether and promote the respond button.
    Like......

Lightbulb Re: What 's with the re-config of tnkx/like/d ratings ?

Maybe at least change the unmotivating 'emoticons' to.....

...... ......

Yep a "Thanks and Like " from me too.

I couldn't agree more. In fact, I enjoy knowing who likes/thanks/dislikes my posts. These anonymous ratings are useless. Meaningless. Why even bother having them?

And yes, I can go elsewhere, and yes, it's a business yada, yada, yada. I know all that. But while this site is owned by someone, that isn't all it is. For some people, (me among them), this is a gateway to possible community.

Obviously you can't please everyone. But what happens when you can't please anyone except yourself?

Gee , I liked the old system - much more telling when you see who agrees & disagrees with a topic ( & not just your own post)

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by PeterKroll View Post
    I couldn't agree more. In fact, I enjoy knowing who likes/thanks/dislikes my posts. These anonymous ratings are useless. Meaningless. Why even bother having them?

And yes, I can go elsewhere, and yes, it's a business yada, yada, yada. I know all that. But while this site is owned by someone, that isn't all it is. For some people, (me among them), this is a gateway to possible community.

Obviously you can't please everyone. But what happens when you can't please anyone except yourself?
    Thanks and Like
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Yep one of those thanks was mine as was a like...this is goning to get very tediuous and if you havet oticed I wrote thi with e11