Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: What 's with the re-config of tnkx/like/d ratings ?

Arrow What 's with the re-config of tnkx/like/d ratings ?

No substance/0 usernames???
    T = tosser?
    L = loser?
    D = dkhd ???

bring back the 'old' version!! ... PLEASE

Re: What 's with the re-config of tnkx/like/d ratings ?

Er - what ??

Agree on that one Gazza. We should be able to see who is giving what.

Had a lot of feedback from members saying that they do not like the fact their name is displayed. Especially if they disagree with something as they would like to like, thank or disagree without anyone knowing. This also gives a better rating of the post, otherwise you only see likes or thanks and only a rare disagree. As this is a forum and not fakebook posts can be viewed and rated differently.

Haha.... What's the point of disagreeing or thanking anonymously??

Yep, undermines the whole concept. The other system worked well for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by snapperbasher View Post
    Haha.... What's the point of disagreeing or thanking anonymously??
    As I said above

This also gives a better rating of the post, otherwise you only see likes or thanks and only a rare disagree.

I don't think you will get a better rating of the post....people wont bother clicking any of them because it is pointless?

Now you can really hide behind your keyboard. What a joke.

Yep Steve just disagreed to my post above which of all the disagreements we have had its the first one he has clicked disagree....funny how it is only after the anonymous rating comes in? Was it other people wanting to be anonymous Steve or yourself?

First time I've ever had a disagree from Steve as well. It must mean that he doesn't think it worked well for many years????

I've mentioned the like system on here to two other forums and both tried it out but couldn't match the exact system so they dropped it. I always thought that the system used on here encouraged a helpful atmosphere now I won't bother with it and would prefer to see it scrapped altogether.

Another sign of a good forum losing its way, to me.

Yep I've had 3 or 4 from him in the last 10 mins.......first ones ever....I think the old system was great it gives a bit of insight into other members views or funny enough likes and dislikes.....completely useless as it is currently.....I wont be using it.

Quote Originally Posted by snapperbasher View Post
    Yep Steve just disagreed to my post above which of all the disagreements we have had its the first one he has clicked disagree....funny how it is only after the anonymous rating comes in? Was it other people wanting to be anonymous Steve or yourself?
    Was done as as an example to demonstrate it is not completely anonymous, as you thought. Glad you could see the example. Hence why it is the first ones I have clicked disagree. Did it to a couple of others as well so they can see how it works.
    Last edited by Ausfish; 28-01-2014 at 08:07 PM.

You said yourself here in your first post that you changed it because other members said they would like to like/thank or disagree without anyone knowing....... so seeing as though it isn't anonymous as you made highlighted in your example above you have not changed it to suit these members requests really? I don't understand?

Wasnt some other fella ( of sorts) whinging recently about the disagree button.
    Ahhh yes it was Fat Sav. Or something like that. Small Sav ? No Sav.....