Thread: 4 stroke outboard. What brand??

4 stroke outboard. What brand??

Hi guys and girls,
    I'm upgrading my 2009 model 2 stroke Yamaha 115HP to a 115HP 4 stroke. Just wondering wether to stick to Yamaha or change to something else. Any advice or experiences would be great. Looking for better fuel economy as my fishing is mostly offshore these days.
    Also, anyone interested in buying my 2009 2 stroke. It's done just over 200 hours from memory.

Re: 4 stroke outboard. What brand??

I have a honda. Ive had zero problems. But everyone seems to rave about suzuki these day. I know a lot of guides in darwin now run suzuki over anythinh

Why change from Yamaha?

I have had a Yamaha F115 just over 2 years and done about 260hrs no issues. Great engine!

I have a suzuki df50 on my 4.5m. I love it. I'm yet to use my boat as much as I'd like but when it's been on the water iv been very impressed. The fuel economy I'm yet to work out properly but by a rough gauge I can tell it's quite good. Yes I am a suzuki fan but saying that my mates have yammys and Hondas and they havnt had problems either.

almost every modern day 4 stroke engines are the same, they all deliver very similar performance and fuel figures,

Look for the best aftersales service where you are and buy based on that,

no matter what manufacturer you buy, its still and engine and from time to time engines fail, sometimes small things and sometimes large things, just look after it as best you cna and hope for the best.

Ask Gary (Spaniard_King) and see what he can do for you. He probably has customers in your area already.

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

Look at the weight of each motor. They'll be heavier than the 2 stroke so make sure your boat can handle it. The 140 zuk weighs the same as the 115, great motor too.