Thread: New kayak Trip

New kayak Trip

I managed to sell my old OK Prowler and have recently upgraded to a Hobie Outback. After installing a new lowrance HDI fishfinder and a few bits and pieces i decided to give it's first run in the upper reaches of the Brisbane River to try for a few Bass. Unfortunately fishing was a bit slow but i did manage to snare a solid bass on a spinner bait in the final stages of the day. This thing hit like a freight train and put me in the sticks momentarily but i manage to turn him. I'm continually amazed at how hard these big bass pull. Makes for some heart in the mouth fishing at times.

Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1959.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	99943   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1956.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	99942  

Blog Entries

Re: New kayak Trip

Nice Bass Si , what stretch of the river were you fishing?

Welcome to the darkside (Hobie owners), Si. The Outback is a lounge on water. My current 2013 Outback is my second one and I love it.

Nice work on the big bass. Looks well fed too.

Cheers,
    Pete
    ====================
    Hobie Outback 2012 &
    Hobie Oasis 2012
    ====================

Nice work mate they sure pull hard on lures!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    Welcome to the darkside (Hobie owners), Si. The Outback is a lounge on water. My current 2013 Outback is my second one and I love it.

Nice work on the big bass. Looks well fed too.

Cheers,
    Pete
    Hey Pete, Yes the outback is a beast compared to other one. fantastic on the water. glad i have my trolley to wheel it around!!