Thread: New Gar Chin Weight

New Gar Chin Weight

I have recently created a new Gar Chin Weight that is simple and fast to rig. The baits swim perfectly every time. You insert the rear hook first, then the weight hook , with pin going thru the gar Bill or snout. Put a small rubber band around the pin 2 raps and away you go. Even after hook up the weight remains strapped to the head, so it is very stable and strong. The hooks are 2 x 9/0 VMC. I have sold quite a few locally , so if you are interested I sell them @ $8.00 ea plus postage. I can supply however many you want. Cheers! gar3_zps63a37389.jpggar2_zpsf48af6e0.jpggar1_zps466e37e9.jpg
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

Re: New Gar Chin Weight

good job they work a treat
    been making them for years and even sold quite a few as "Little Man's trollheads" (before a prick called ron fordh_m stole our concept and sold them to shops without declaring sales or paying tax, thus cheaper)
    my partner in the lures could not get anything to swim without weight and he thought net leads could be improved upon
    we used the front end of a half snapper lead mold modified and made three different dams with slots so we could have diffent sizes for bunnies or wolfies down to gar
    another trick for wolfies/ribbonies is to run your hooks through the side by using a piece of steel trace between first and second hook and starting with the weight hook first
    another trick is to put a swivel between hooks for even better action and a longer spread of hooks
    cheers
    IFISHCQ2

Yep, and you can run the hooks down the side of a wolfie, attached by rubber bands, works a treat. I've got a wolfie rig with 6 x 8/0 hooks, have swum them to 70cm length so far.

looks good odes, the yanks have similar rigs without the spike. I use a lot of different chinguards (bibbed and unbibbed and headstart rigs) with spikes and they are fast to rig but a lot dearer than yours so you should get a few sales I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by ifishcq1 View Post
    good job they work a treat
    been making them for years and even sold quite a few as "Little Man's trollheads" (before a prick called ron fordh_m stole our concept and sold them to shops without declaring sales or paying tax, thus cheaper)
    my partner in the lures could not get anything to swim without weight and he thought net leads could be improved upon
    we used the front end of a half snapper lead mold modified and made three different dams with slots so we could have diffent sizes for bunnies or wolfies down to gar
    another trick for wolfies/ribbonies is to run your hooks through the side by using a piece of steel trace between first and second hook and starting with the weight hook first
    another trick is to put a swivel between hooks for even better action and a longer spread of hooks
    cheers

Good to see others making gear as well. It gives you a lot of pleasure creating gear that works
    cheers

Cool. making your own gear is satisfying when it works. By the look of that first pic the trailing hook is inside the gar. Does the weighted hook just run straight through the eye of the trailing one. Have you had them slip out on fish? Ben

Yes the hooks connected and no they they havent slipped out on these 9/0. Keep the barb protruding properly after you have joined them and it is not possible to get them back thru. Its important to flex the gar up nicely before rigging as well. Yes the trailing hook when inserted in a bent gar keeps most of the that hook inside and positions it perfectly for a strike.

Just bumping this up as I've had a lot of requests for them.
    I have found I can send 5 for $45 incl postage with tracking, if anyone else is interested.

Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by odes20 View Post
    I have recently created a new Gar Chin Weight that is simple and fast to rig. The baits swim perfectly every time. You insert the rear hook first, then the weight hook , with pin going thru the gar Bill or snout. Put a small rubber band around the pin 2 raps and away you go. Even after hook up the weight remains strapped to the head, so it is very stable and strong. The hooks are 2 x 9/0 VMC. I have sold quite a few locally , so if you are interested I sell them @ $8.00 ea plus postage. I can supply however many you want. Cheers! gar3_zps63a37389.jpggar2_zpsf48af6e0.jpggar1_zps466e37e9.jpg

hi John, i sent you a message through, got your reply, then also sent another message back but it is showing in my inbox (the last message meant for you) really weird... just wanting to know if you got it? I also sent an email through to the address you gave me as well.
    cheers Nathan.

Just read this post now! No messages received from you. Just sending you a PM now. Go to my last PM and click on reply to Message , don't just write in the box below the message where it says quick reply. I tried that, but it didn't work for me either.
    Quote Originally Posted by lbger View Post
    hi John, i sent you a message through, got your reply, then also sent another message back but it is showing in my inbox (the last message meant for you) really weird... just wanting to know if you got it? I also sent an email through to the address you gave me as well.
    cheers Nathan.

I hope some of you who now have these can give some feedback along the way. The weather is coming good now again up here in Cairns so keen to get out and have a crack myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by odes20 View Post

Bump! Have a look.

Hi mate i got a few off u the other week (lbger) im impressed, i ran a pink skirt in front of them and got them to swim at 10ks/hr so was good to cover ground with and yes the spanish like em!
    dont knock on deaths door... ring the doorbell and run... death hates that!!

Great! thx for the feedback.
    Ive sold quite a few.